San Marcos Officer/Texas State Grad Killed In Line of Duty

classof78

I'm surprised nobody has posted anything on this yet:

From Austin Statesman: SAN MARCOS — In only the second line-of-duty death for San Marcos police, an officer was killed and two other officers were injured Saturday night when they were ambushed by a shooter who then killed himself, city officials said.
Authorities on Sunday identified the slain officer as 31-year-old Justin Putnam and the wounded officers as Franco Stewart and Justin Mueller.
Putnam, a graduate of Texas State University, had been with the department for a little over five years and is survived by a fiancée.

Just a horrible thing to happen. Prayers to his fiancée and family and good wishes that the other two officers recover.

Cajun Cat

I'm surprised nobody has posted anything on this yet:

From Austin Statesman: SAN MARCOS — In only the second line-of-duty death for San Marcos police, an officer was killed and two other officers were injured Saturday night when they were ambushed by a shooter who then killed himself, city officials said.
Authorities on Sunday identified the slain officer as 31-year-old Justin Putnam and the wounded officers as Franco Stewart and Justin Mueller.
Putnam, a graduate of Texas State University, had been with the department for a little over five years and is survived by a fiancée.

Just a horrible thing to happen. Prayers to his fiancée and family and good wishes that the other two officers recover.
Good on you for starting this thread, classof78.
I was just coming to do the same. I had wanted to find out if there was a donation/gofundme type thing set up for all three Officers/families. There is: https://www.smcpaaa.org/donations-putnam-mueller-stewart.
Officer Putnam lived just up the road from me Blanco Vista subdivision. I can't say I ever had the opportunity to talk to him, just few waves in passing. The procession they did yesterday from Austin, through Blanco Vista, and then further into San Marcos was quite impressive.
( https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/san-marcos-police-officer-justin-putnam-procession/269-d6f9e882-ab19-4b6a-97a4-92f1721cadb7 )