SBC Conference Cup Standings 2021-2022

Fiefdom

TXST in very good position to win another Cup.

We in reality also have about an 8-10 point lead on ARST as well since they don't field a SB team, but we will give up points in tennis to both ARST and USA.

The diamond sports should set us up well for Outdoor Track to finish strong.

Current Bubas Cup Standings:

Team/points:

1. Arkansas State 70
Texas State 70
3. South Alabama 61
4. Appalachian State 58
5. Louisiana 53.5
Coastal Carolina 53.5
7. Georgia State 52
8. UTA 51.5
9. Troy 51
10. Georgia Southern 31
11. ULM 29.5
12. Little Rock 27.5

Fiefdom

Well, since Women's tennis once again is in last place and we don't have Men's tennis, USA has moved into first place as they gained 14 points on us.

Never fear, the Cup will reside back in SM, as even if we are behind USA by 4-5 points after Golf, the Diamond sports and Outdoor T&F should give us the points we need to win the Cup once again.

Once Soccer and Tennis start performing with new Coaches, giving up 6-7 points to USA in Men's tennis will not hurt so much.

I did not mention Women's BB on purpose, as Dr said I should watch Blood Pressure, and it is mind boggling we can keep a coach with a losing record for a decade. Oh, I forgot, she has the second most wins ever at TXST, what a crock of crap. Fox set a low bar to surpass, I actually enjoy her more as a color analyst with Brant than as a coach.

Team/points
1. South Alabama 77
2. Texas State 72
Arkansas State 72
4. Coastal Carolina 65.5
5. UTA 64
6. Appalachian State 62
7. Louisiana 60.5
8. Troy 60
9. Georgia State 59.5
10. Georgia Southern 36.5
11. ULM 35.5
12. Little Rock 27.5

Fiefdom

Women's Golf finishes 3 spots ahead of USA, so now their lead is just 2 points.

Men's Golf might be able to make that up this weekend.

TXST should gain about 5 points in the Diamond sports and probably another 5 in Outdoor T&F.

ARST not really in contention as TXST will gain almost 20 points on them in Diamond sports.

Team/points
1. South Alabama 82
2. Arkansas State 81
3. Texas State 80
4. Coastal Carolina 75.5
5. UTA 67.5
6. Troy 67
7. Georgia State 65.5
8. Appalachian State 64
9. Louisiana 60.5
10. Georgia Southern 47.5
11. ULM 36.5
12. Little Rock 31

Fiefdom

Conference Cup is ours, unless USA come through and wins the Baseball Tourney to tie us, which is always a possibility, but would be a great surprise to all.

Our first Cup was back in 2019, so we will have 2 out of last 4.

We always have an uphill battle with USA due to they have a good Men's tennis program and we spot them about 6-7 points a year that we have to make up in the common sports we share.

Great momentum to close out the year with Men's Basketball and Baseball Championships.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I’d say imagine if football pulled it’s weight but we actually pulled 5.5 points in football (tie for 5th). Had we lost one more conference game in football we wouldn’t win the cup.

USA finished one game behind us and got just 3 points for football.