Search results

1. LadyMango

New SBC Map

At least we arent FIU
  2. LadyMango

Bobcat Crew

Didn't realize the Loud Crowd died. RIP Was a part of it a bit in 2013. They were damn good folks.
  3. LadyMango

Tier 1

R2 is huge for PVAM. Way to go!
  4. LadyMango

USM, ODU, Marshall and James Madison may play in SBC next year

Im curious about what the west will be like with USM and Troy. USM as it stands now is on our level of football disappointment. Troy might give us competition for #2 ( aka the smallest dumpster fire in a division of dumpster fires) My sarcasm aside Im pretty excited about the adds. Astate, the...
  5. LadyMango

USM, ODU, Marshall and James Madison may play in SBC next year

I think JMU will fit into the SB east just fine. Not dominate but be respectfully competitive.
  6. LadyMango

Tier 1

Its just like...my opinion man... Never called it fluff. I called BAs in scientific fields fluff. Which is a prevalent enough opinion that its being phased out. The UT TAMU comparison is because they are the biggest schools in the state and therefor make up the largest amount of colleagues...
  7. LadyMango

Nevada vs Western Michigan

Reno seems like a fun away game
  8. LadyMango

Tier 1

Also... Hahaha... We have 98 majors!? I truly dont know why I think that is funny. Maybe because my alma mater, the college of science and engineering, has the biology degree split up into 7 separate majors: biologyx2 (BA or BS), biology educationx2 (BA or BS), wildlife biology, aquatic...
  9. LadyMango

Tier 1

It makes sense we are a little behind. We got a later start on even being upgraded to tier 2. The Texas State System has long had the identity of being a group of regional masters colleges. The UT system schools were always set up to be R2s. Hell UTSA was an R2 when I was applying. No surprise...
  10. LadyMango

Most Recent NRUF Report

As predicted UTSA is the most recent addition into the hall of Carnegie Highest Research Doctoral institutions in the State of Texas (colloquially called R1). This makes Texas State the only public R2 (high research) in the state. All other emerging research unis are R1 and all other non...
  11. LadyMango

UTSA loss 🧵

Whelp. Them birds are now CUSA champs. I know the bowls have moved around a bit. What bowl does CUSA champ go to?
  12. LadyMango

Next realignment 10-15 years from now

What gets me is UTSA is hardly in San Antonio. UT Helotes more like. "Hill of oak and laurel" right? When they opened in the 60s Northside Rural HS (now Marshall HS) in Leon Valley was the absolute middle of nowhere. Made sense at the time. New school, cheap land. Yadda yadda. Them being "San...
  13. LadyMango

Next realignment 10-15 years from now

The AAC picked up Charlotte and UNT too. UTSAs success had a minor role. Yes. Be App St good things will happen. Be FIU bad things will happen. Somewhere in the middle is UTSA. Not great, but not incompetent in a good market. Comparing G5 level realignment to Alabama and OKST isnt fair and is...
  14. LadyMango

New President's House

The current presidents house is in primo real estate. This is a good thing. Its common for universities to own the presidential residence. Maybe its the Brooklyn real estate ive been looking at that has screwed up my perspective. But for somwhere pretty nice 2.9 mil doesnt sound that bad.
  15. LadyMango

Realignment Super Thread

I was remarking on realignment in general. I think its near over at the FBS level for now.
  16. LadyMango

Realignment Super Thread

And we wait another 10 years...
  17. LadyMango

Georgia Southern Week Discussion

Texas! State! Is literally the schools GD name in chant form. So many schools have back and forth chants. Florida's is Orange! Blue! The name of the school happens to fit really well in the cadence of that style of chant. It was inevitable. Its better to accept who you are than to fight it...
  18. LadyMango

Don’t know if you guys have noticed….

I was just curious if I missed something. Chill out
  19. LadyMango

Realignment Super Thread

I know this is a real pull up the ladder after using take on my part, but the last thing we need is more FCS call ups. Its going to make the lower rungs of FBS more unstable than it already is. Also... Sam? Really? Tarlton I can stomach. Sam moving up puts me in a grumpy mood.
  20. LadyMango

Don’t know if you guys have noticed….

We talk shit about Coastal now? Why? What history do we have with them?