Search results

1. atxman

Texas State to Host First Presidential Debate

Republicans have been upset with the CPD for a long time (at least since 2012), and the Biden campaign was upset by things that happened in the 2020 debates. So when TXST was chosen as a debate site, I thought there was a good chance it wouldn’t happen (for all kinds of reasons) but hoped for...
  2. atxman

If it was a joke, then why did you double down with a list of bogus claims tying the decision to a Bobcat alum , the venue, etc.?
  3. atxman

WTF are you talking about? None of that was a factor in this decision. But I guess some folks have to find a reason to shit on their own alma mater. It’s almost pathological.
  4. atxman

In what way did TXST do anything to “Bobcat this away”?
  5. atxman

Based on today’s news, looks like that debate won’t happen now.
  6. atxman

Bobcat Stadium Renovation

I wonder if they’ve considered a video screen at the north end of the stadium. If fans will be on that south end zone deck during the game, you might think they would want something that helps them watch the action on the field. Those two flanking screens won’t be very useful for them. Maybe...
  7. atxman

2024 Recruiting

There’s some irony in pointing to Finley’s departure as evidence that the coaching staff can’t bring in and hold on to QBs who could start. Finley left because the coaching staff wanted to bring in a second QB who could compete for a starting job. And when they parted ways with De Laura, they...
  8. atxman

2024 Recruiting

For crying out loud. In the cases of Nealy/George, Newton/Tebow, Applewhite/Sims, those were in a very different era in which players rarely transferred in search of a place a place to start. As for Ewers/Manning, surely you’re not suggesting TXST has anywhere near the cachet of a school like UT...
  9. atxman

2024 Recruiting

Ummm… You realize a team starts just one QB at a time, right? Under your logic, a staff could have a winning, four-year starter but “whiff” on every other QB they recruit who didn’t earn a start or who decided to move on because they wanted a better opportunity to start elsewhere. How does that...
  10. atxman

2024 Recruiting

“Whiffed”? That kind of perjorative rhetoric grates. The reality is this staff has just one season under its belt and got a starting QB who won us a bowl in that first season. Now we have a QB who was conference PoY ready for the second season. Does the fact that the other QBs weren’t/aren’t...
  11. atxman

$12.6M naming rights deal for Bobcat Stadium in the works with UFCU

Smart marketing move by UFCU, which has branches on multiple campuses in Texas, including at A&M. Might have happened at some point anyway, but I have to think last season’s bowl run helped make the deal more appealing for them. And as a UFCU member for well over 30 years, I like it even more...
  12. atxman

Realignment Super Thread

https://theathletic.com/5439967/2024/04/23/group-of-5-playoff-realignment/
  13. atxman

2025 Recruiting

Looks like Baylor lost their QB commit after the QB coach who recruited him took a job at UH. Given that Baylor’s offense (especially at QB) has not performed well the last couple of years, it’s not surprising that they replaced that coach. It says something that Spav couldn’t keep the...
  14. atxman

Realignment Super Thread

I posted The Athletic’s article about this on a different thread a little while back. There are so many obstacles to this happening, including the greed of Big 10 and SEC schools that are financially set already. Ironically, if the divisions looked like these, then we’d be back to essentially...
  15. atxman

Realignment Super Thread

Those student fees at JMU. Hard to argue with success, I suppose, but ouch. Question: Where does the funding for “institutional support” come from?
  16. atxman

NCAA about to finish leveling the playing field

Whether or not this specific plan is what ultimately happens, it seems that the move toward the full professionalization of college football is gaining steam. This plan making the rounds is being proposed by a group of “college presidents, Roger Goodell’s primary lieutenant at NFL and some of...
  17. atxman

Victory star

KD in a Facebook comment a couple of weeks ago said they couldn’t put the new Victory Star on the hilltop complex — it was too late to make the necessary construction change when he had asked about it. But he said they will put it on another building that needed roof work and that has almost the...
  18. atxman

Future Schedules

The extended break doesn’t worry me much, but the short week does. Glad it’s a home game at least.
  19. atxman

Future Schedules

Oh, I’m plenty old enough to have enjoyed a lot of what Thursday nights had to offer. Friday classes were often painful for me. But I’m not so worried about whether students will come to a Thursday game against a Big 12 school. The problem will be alums who can’t make it to town midweek...
  20. atxman

Future Schedules

College football should be played on Saturdays as God intended. I’m 99% sure it’s in the Bible — something about honoring the Sabbath by getting all your weekend drinking and hellraising done at the stadium on Saturday. I’m a perennial complainer to my friends about how TV networks are wrecking...