Search results

1. atxman

CTE

Important piece on Heisman Saturday in the Washington Post today. I’ve loved college football pretty much my whole life. But I have to say in recent years, as I’ve read more about CTE, I’ve had the feeling that I am watching gladiators fight to the death for my entertainment. Of course, there...
  2. atxman

The Athletic on what’s wrong with TXST football

Before someone gets their panties in a wad, no, I don’t assume nobody else saw this or already posted about it. I just haven’t seen it and don’t want to wade through a bunch of broader topic posts to find out where someone might have posted it. So in case some of you also haven’t seen it, this...
  3. atxman

Southern Miss mess

Our new conference mate is right in the middle of a big scandal involving millions of taxpayer dollars, the state’s leaders, Brett Favre and a nice athletics facility. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/23/us/mississippi-lawyer-fired-welfare.html
  4. atxman

Sun Belt Expansion Thread

This seems worth its own thread. So the Sun Belt is set to add Southern Miss, Marshall, Old Dominion and James Madison. According to this, UTA and ALRU are headed out. (Have not seen that elsewhere.) I’d like to see the Sun Belt add La Tech and UTEP if it can, giving the conference two...