Search results

1. Professorbum

2023-24 Sun Belt

We're now .500. I think the team may be better than its record heretofore.
  2. Professorbum

Do we have some big news coming our way?

Btw, I opted for the firehose metaphor opposite trickle rather than "heavy flow" because, let's face it...I'm a class act.
  3. Professorbum

Do we have some big news coming our way?

Basketball needs more than a trickle. I'm hoping for firehose treatment. I'd like to be excited about basketball next season.
  4. Professorbum

QB Jayden de Laura

Lol. I feel bad for all the grief Liberty gets. But that right there is funny.
  5. Professorbum

With the recent events of signing Jayden de Laura, what camp do you fall under?

I've got opinions, but beyond scratching my head at the selection, I should probably keep under the radar on this one.
  6. Professorbum

With the recent events of signing Jayden de Laura, what camp do you fall under?

So frustrating...we had such rapid success that pulled everyone together and breathed life into the program. And then this unforced error. This controversy was so unnecessary. Regardless of TJ's status for the upcoming season. Ugh!
  7. Professorbum

Texas State #5 party school!

Yeah, I'm in CJ. I'm aware of only one faculty member in my school that lives in SM and he worked for the city before becoming a college prof. The funny thing is, SM is centrally-located between the folks closer to Austin and those in NB. So we tend to gather for drinks and such in SM...
  8. Professorbum

Texas State #5 party school!

When we moved here, we rented initially and had some time to scope out the towns in the area. A lot of faculty live in south Austin. Many live in New Braunfels. A few in Kyle and Buda. Everywhere but San Marcos. Some people said the school districts are better in these other locations...
  9. Professorbum

2023-24 Sun Belt

watched part of the JMU game. Looks like we need players who can shoot. We also need players who can rebound and play defense. Other than no offense or defense, we seem to have a pretty good team.
  10. Professorbum

2023-24 Non Conference

Oh, I doubt that. I suspect the criticism relates to low effort in recruiting and a perceived preference to just coast. We've all seen many coaches do that. Hell, that's one of the biggest complaints against the NDSU coach (from where I came), who absolutely needs to be canned.
  11. Professorbum

****F1rst Responder ServPro Bowl Texas State vs Rice Game Day Thread****

I don't feel bad for thinking that you take the highest penalty in your favor and decline the lowest one. That's how these are usually enforced. Your explanation of the deadball foul and the sequence of events makes sense. I'll buy all that. I appreciate the clarification. I will...
  12. Professorbum

2023-24 Non Conference

To clarify... I gave the thumbs up because you were kind enough to reply and give me some history. The thumbs up does not necessarily relate to the "lazy TJ" phoning it in comment. Give me a partial season to see for myself and I'll get back to you.
  13. Professorbum

Duke set to hire DC Jonathan Patke

Absolutely. The defense was great in the bowl with some real stand out plays. And I've been on here defending the defense at times for single handedly keeping us in some games. But going into the bowl, we gave up an average of 34 points per game. I think that's not a particularly great...
  14. Professorbum

Duke set to hire DC Jonathan Patke

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Just because the offense averages 35-40 points per game doesn't mean the defense has to average giving up the same amount.
  15. Professorbum

2023-24 Non Conference

Perhaps KD's next athletics objective? Get into the tourney or the NIT. I could get behind that.
  16. Professorbum

2023-24 Non Conference

I should have just read the thread. I'm catching up.
  17. Professorbum

2023-24 Non Conference

Some of you guys did a great job bringing this newcomer up to speed on the history of the football program and the persistent challenges. What's the story with men's basketball? We've actually been decent in the past, right?
  18. Professorbum

2023-24 Non Conference

Okay. Bowl game in the books. Now I've got to get serious about basketball. What have I missed? What's going on?
  19. Professorbum

Still a Minnesota State Mankato D1 hockey fan. And I still cheer for NDSU football (worked there for several years and two kids graduated from there). One of my degrees is from NIU and I’ll cheer for them if they’re on tv. But current employer always goes to the front of the line. Texas State...
  20. Professorbum

if I had known Beth Mowins was calling the Kansas-UNLV game, I would’ve wished for our game to go longer.