2019-2020 Schedule Released

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor

Schedule just released.

Not good, but definitely a step in the right direction I think. Sun Belt eased some burden off scheduling by increasing conference games from 18 to 20 though.

Non-Conference Home games:
Cameron (Exhibition - Non-D1)
Texas Lutheran (Non-D1)
Prairie View
Jackson State
Abilene Christian
Hartford
UTSA
Bethany College (Non-D1)

Non-Conference Away games:
Air Force
Baylor
UNLV
Houston

Compared to last year's schedule (not counting exhibition games) that's 2 more D1 home games than we had a year ago.
Last year in 13 non-conference games 5 were at home (3 D1) and 8 on the road/neutral.
This year in 11 non-conference games 7 are at home (5 D1) and 4 on the road.

slycat

Final NET Rankings

TXST - 139

Prairie View - 206
Jackson State - 328
Abilene Christian - 157
Hartford - 188
UTSA - 143
Air Force - 244
Baylor - 34
UNLV - 159
Houston - 6

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Average of 162.8.

Compared to last year:
Air Force - 244
Drake - 132
Cal Poly - 333
USC Upstate - 344
Portland - 326
Rice - 217
UTSA - 143
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi - 274
Houston Baptist - 292
UTRGV - 185
Arkansas - 60

Average 231.8.

Not sure if this was your point but this should be a much more challenging schedule than last years. Glad to see us toughen it up a bit while getting more games at home. I'm OK with this schedule really considering some of the schedules we've had in the recent past.

BobcatBuddy96

Isn't this the first year of the new schedule system with the "pods"? I think it happens later in the season , right?
I like that we have more home games, but how do we get those non D1 games to D1 peer home/home series?
Houston is good exposure for us, and will hopefully be on TV(other than ESPN+). Tix will be hard to get, and $$ IMO.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Isn't this the first year of the new schedule system with the "pods"? I think it happens later in the season , right?
I like that we have more home games, but how do we get those non D1 games to D1 peer home/home series?
Houston is good exposure for us, and will hopefully be on TV(other than ESPN+). Tix will be hard to get, and $$ IMO.
Think they scrapped the pods idea. Was supposed to help with RPI. Now since they use NET they decided against the pod scheduling for now. May be changes later if they can identify something to do with scheduling to help NET ratings.

Sounds like Kaspar specifically likes the two non-D1 games. 1 early, and 1 right before conference play starts every year. Sounds like that won't go away unless the Sun Belt steps in and limits them to 1 or 0 non-D1 games.

I thought SMU was supposed to be on there?
Yeah that would have been a good game. UNLV, SMU, TXST, Abilene Christian, and Jackson State are the teams in that UNLV/SMU tournament. I guess somewhere along the way we lost the game at SMU for either ACU or JSU at home.

slycat

Average of 162.8.

Compared to last year:
Air Force - 244
Drake - 132
Cal Poly - 333
USC Upstate - 344
Portland - 326
Rice - 217
UTSA - 143
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi - 274
Houston Baptist - 292
UTRGV - 185
Arkansas - 60

Average 231.8.

Not sure if this was your point but this should be a much more challenging schedule than last years. Glad to see us toughen it up a bit while getting more games at home. I'm OK with this schedule really considering some of the schedules we've had in the recent past.
Thank you for finishing my thought. Glad to see the SOS increase.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
That's actually really cool. Stuff like that helps alot with recruiting.

Fiefdom

I like the idea of an away game in the Houston area each year.

Fills the need for fans in the area to see the Bobcats if they cannot make the trip to SM.

With Pearson being from Beaumont, hopefully his family brings a posse since that would probably be the closest game for them to see.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
We had really great fan turnout for Rice and Houston Baptist two years ago. We have lots of alums in the area like myself that couldn't get to San Marcos to see a game on a work night but can if it's a Houston area game.