Bobcat Athletics App and Website

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
Did athletics get a new app? I got a new phone and went to download the App and Apple kicked a message that stated the app developer needed to upgrade to the newest IOS level. Then went to check the softball schedule that took years to load versus other athletics departments websites that operate quickly. Curious if anyone else experiences these problems with the athletics sites?

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
6463 The one I used previously had a similar logo and look as the one at the top of the screen with previews from 2013. It was basically a fast track to the athletics websites. Stories, schedules, etc. I know most schools also utilize them for ticketing. Don’t know if TXST ever got that far. But as a larger D1 they should be there.

Bobcat1

View attachment 6463 The one I used previously had a similar logo and look as the one at the top of the screen with previews from 2013. It was basically a fast track to the athletics websites. Stories, schedules, etc. I know most schools also utilize them for ticketing. Don’t know if TXST ever got that far. But as a larger D1 they should be there.
I used to always remind Rick to update rosters, schedules, etc etc on it. The SID didn’t have enough manpower or funds to keep up with it regularly. When Chris took over, I got the impression they would no longer have it for the same reasons, plus the traffic was minimal to almost non existent (2022). It would require a pretty penny’s worth of investment to get it up and running again, not to mention more IT peeps than the AD would want to hire for it.

Maybe they could get a freelance to get it back up with basic barebones stuff or a tech savvy intern every semester, we definitely need one before next season if/when the giant fully awakens.

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
Did athletics get a new app? I got a new phone and went to download the App and Apple kicked a message that stated the app developer needed to upgrade to the newest IOS level. Then went to check the softball schedule that took years to load versus other athletics departments websites that operate quickly. Curious if anyone else experiences these problems with the athletics sites?
The baseball schedule has been doing that to me, takes forever to load, doesn’t always load completely lately.

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
Seeing that its audience was for students indicates to me they are referring to the Texas State Mobile app which I believe is only for students and more for academic purposes.