Episode 15 - Nicholls State Recap + Fair Pay to Play Rabbit Hole

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely don't want to continue playing Nicholls to keep the rivalry going. I've made my opinion clear about not liking the series originally scheduled with UTSA because of the risk vs reward of playing a perceived less than you team. Well, this is actually a lower division team.

It was nice to get the win and I love it because of their level of prettiness like y'all said, but we definitely don't need to play them again. We need to play easy FCS teams.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Nicholls will be an easy FCS team again in probably the not-too-distant future.

I bet once Rebowe leaves they'll vanish back into FCS obscurity. They just don't seem like a program situated for long-term success even at the FCS level to me. They'll have their years when they're good though like this year and last. As someone who followed TXST heavily in the latter part of the Southland days and throughout the entirety of the Sun Belt days I've always viewed ULM as the Nicholls of the Sun Belt. Poor Louisiana teams that lag behind the rest of the conference money-wise but is in a decent recruiting area and brings in enough talent to have a couple good teams a decade and stay competitive.

As far as scheduling Nicholls, I would treat them no differently than Texas Southern or Prairie View or UIW or HBU or SFA or any of the other FCS teams we've played since we moved to FBS. Throw them in the rotation if you want, but I wouldn't make any effort to schedule them any more than any other FCS team.