Game Thread - @ULM

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Late as hell again, so gonna be short with this again....

Saturday Schedule
Georgia Southern @ Coastal Carolina (-4) - in progress
Texas State (-5) @ ULM - 2pm
UTA @ Louisiana (-4.5) - 2pm
Georgia State (-1.5) @ App State - 3pm
Little Rock @ Troy (-13.5) - 4pm
Arkansas State @ South Alabama (-6) - 6pm

Conference Standings
1. App State 10-3
2. Troy 9-3
3. Texas State 7-3
4. Arkansas State 6-4
5. South Alabama 6-5
6. Georgia State 4-5
7. Louisiana/UTA 5-7
9. ULM 5-8
10. Coastal Carolina/Georgia Southern 4-7
12. Little Rock 2-7

By my math, 8.7 games played is the 80% mark so everyone's there at this point.

NET Rankings
126. South Alabama (+6)
135. Texas State (+8)
154. App State (+4)
156. Arkansas State (-5)
161. Troy (+3)
173. Coastal Carolina (-8)
197. Louisiana (-13)
217. Georgia State (+5)
223. Georgia Southern (-1)
233. UTA (-4)
265. ULM (+3)
323. Little Rock (-6)

Scouting ULM
From a month ago:

Their standings in the conference and NET ranking may look bad, but ULM has won 3 straight with wins at Arkansas State, at Little Rock, and Thursday at home over UTA. Definitely not a game we can take lightly, they're fulling capable of beating us if we play like garbage. I'm not sure there's much hope of Troy losing to Little Rock at home (wheels have completely fallen off for Little Rock), but Georgia State at App is an interesting game to keep an eye on, tips off an hour after us.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Big game. Keep the win streak going. We crushed them at Strahan a few weeks ago but pretty sure they were without a couple of their better players. With our four and their three game win streaks, it’s currently t1st and 3rd longest at the moment in conference.

Last edited:

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Up by one at half. 30-29. We were up five relatively early and them up as much as four as the half proceeded. Pretty ugly by both teams so far

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Chance to separate but offensive foul. Think bad call as the defender was moving into Morgan’s path. 56-48 3:10 left. ULM ball

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Now I think bad coaching decision. Leave Harrell and small on the bench for the offensive possession. You have two timeout; use one.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Very nice win. Asberry never got it going but held them in the 50s where we didn’t need his points. Love Adams’ game his extra year. Improved FT stroke. Has a little floater that is almost automatic. Making 3s now, but still smartly not forcing them. Keep winning.

franslasttwinkie

App looks like they are going to drop this one to GSU. Sun belt looks wide open right now especially by playing Troy in the finale we mostly control our own regular season standings outcome

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Yes, by win % since teams won't be playing the same amount of games due to cancelations. I didn't realize going into today we had a chance to catch App if we won and they lost, but apparently we did. 0.727 vs. 0.714 winning %.

Little Rock is up 55-51 in Troy right now with 6:42 left! I'm gonna remain skeptical they can pull it off but about to turn on the ending.

TCB for us today. Can't lose to ULM if you want to win a championship. No offense ULM...

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Little Rock, last place in the league, 13.5 point underdogs on the road, and having lost 14 straight road games somehow beats Troy in Troy...

Your Bobcats are now leading the league boys and girls.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Last place Little Rock held on to beat Troy @Troy. Wow. We are in first place with four games to go

TXST

Big win for the Bobcats! Shoutout to Georgia State and Little Rock for the big wins as well. Now let's hope we don't go full Bobcat and choke the remainder of the season.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
South Alabama is putting it on Ark State. Next week we need to take care of business at home as the last two games on the road look tough. Thank me when the new TV deal comes out for watching these random #funbelt games.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
South Alabama is putting it on Ark State. Next week we need to take care of business at home as the last two games on the road look tough. Thank me when the new TV deal comes out for watching these random #funbelt games.
Tell us about this new TV deal