Ladies

geezer

Anybody notice the women played at home last night?
Lost to an old opponent, Sam Houston. Down at the half, but came back to lead once or twice in the 3rd quarter. Only to lose by a few at the end.

Same story, no shooters. Too many turnovers.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
10-4 (1-1)
To be completely honest, I'd all but counted Coach Antoine out, but something seems to have clicked with the program. She's put two solid classes together in a row and maybe a second straight season as well.

geezer

Always liked Coach Z, aways wondered why she couldn't land the standout shooter that winning teams need. I know, everyone is looking for a shooter!

She is like former coach Linda Sharpe who didn't mind talking strategy with me. Showing me the errors of my ways!

geezer

Whoops, gals stump their toe at Georgia State. Down by almost 20, cut it to 9 late but it was too much to overcome.
Big size difference at post had them shooting a lot of threes.
Not enough rebounds.

Fiefdom

The team that is supposedly representing Texas State University just scored five whole points in the quarter, and went from a 12-point lead to a 12-point deficit, how pathetic is that...

Somehow we signed this stud that is leading the nation in scoring, we can only pray to God that she comes.

geezer

Well, it's over for another year. Lost in the last seconds 72-70 after coming back from a 16 point deficit to tie 70 all.
Thought we were going to OT, but they scored with 3 seconds to go and we turned it over on the inbound pass.

Oh well, there's always next year.