Murder Under The Friday Night Lights

CatMom

Just watched an episode that is about the shooting of Kinne's dad. He's mentioned in it, with an actor portrayal.
The name of the coach didn't hit me but when they mentioned GJ as his son, it clicked.

Season 3, episode 3.

CatMom

Oh, and Season 3, episode4 ; which came on just after this one, is about a University of Northern Colorado Place kicker/Kicker who was stabbed by his teammate a few days before they were to play at......Texas State.
This was in September 2006. Does anyone remember hearing about this? It was national news, because this kid had NFL potential. CNN, ESPN, etc. Not that I recall it though.

Last edited:

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
Oh, and Season 3, episode4 ; which came on just after this one, is about a University of Northern Colorado Place kicker/Kicker who was stabbed by his teammate a few days before they were to play at......Texas State.
This was in September 2006. Does anyone remember hearing about this? It was national news, because this kid had NFL potential. CNN, ESPN, etc. Not that I recall it though.
I remember hearing about it, it was and still is a super wild story. Backup stabbed the starter I believe.

CatMom

I remember hearing about it, it was and still is a super wild story. Backup stabbed the starter I believe.
Yes, he was a walk on transfer from Wyoming with a (creepy) domineering mom.
I still don't remember any of this and I know I was at that game.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
Oh I remember this game and was there. I was still a student and made a sign that said "stab em up, cats".
Losing that game was not one of our finest moments.

Youdude07

Just watched an episode that is about the shooting of Kinne's dad. He's mentioned in it, with an actor portrayal.
The name of the coach didn't hit me but when they mentioned GJ as his son, it clicked.

Season 3, episode 3.
Think that happened either my junior or senior year. A kid from my school transfered played for him the season before. Small world.