New university fundraising efforts

LT Spider

This is an awesome video and I'm definitely jealous of their facilities.
To be fair, baseball is kinda their thing... And really their only thing. They don't have football, right?
I think that’s right but not that long ago they were using helicopters to dry the field before big games because the ponding was so bad. It was a dump and now they have this. We couldn’t raise money for shit the last time we tried for baseball. I do think it will be better under Don but we have a looooong way to go.

B

Bakertxst04

I love our BSB and SB fields, but DBU's training facility and field are super nice. I'd love to have facilities like theirs, but we are super landlocked even if we could raise the money. I don't see Walgreens or HEB budging on their properties, and then there's the issue of the RR tracks, the springs, and the football stadium all being nearby. I'd love to expand, but there's not much in the way of room.

I'd like to build a parking garage over near the FB stadium, but I don't believe that the limestone underneath the commuter lot could support a fully loaded garage. (I could be wrong but I remember hearing something like that about why we couldn't build up and use the existing parking space to build facilities).

vp98

Big money being thrown around by smaller schools. We are going to get left behind if we don’t step it up.
That's the closest four-year to me. Nice little school. Have done really well in baseball but also have most of the other Olympic sports. I know some student-athletes who went there in basketball and their family gets to see them play. They are getting a great education. I know people who have went to grad school there. Not really a lot right there around campus but I wouldn't hesitate to send my girls there.