Tristan Stivors….

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
There are currently 401 pitchers with a 0.0 ERA. 18 of them are in the White Sox org.
Of those 401, 216 have more innings pitched than Stivors, who has pitched all of 1.2 innings so far.
Of those 216, 151 have faced tougher/more experienced hitters so far.

Can't find a projection that puts Stivors on the White Sox 25 come opening day.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Not surprisingly, Stivors is indeed not in Houston to play the Astros today on opening day. He is in North Carolina with the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers, the Single-A affiliate of the White Sox.

In a nod to Tristan's awesome moustache, Boomer spent the offseason growing out his lip lettuce.

Jive Turkey

M&G Gift Contributor
Not surprisingly, Stivors is indeed not in Houston to play the Astros today on opening day. He is in North Carolina with the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers, the Single-A affiliate of the White Sox.

In a nod to Tristan's awesome moustache, Boomer spent the offseason growing out his lip lettuce.

View attachment 4540
I’m not surprised since he wasn’t on the 40-man or even a non-roster ST invitee.

The 1 inning of work against the Dodgers was an immaculate inning so that’s pretty badass, the other appearance not so much.

classof78

So true. Quite a few Bobcats have been drafted. Most never made it past AA ball. A few, like Tommy Field and Jacob Martinson, just enjoy a quick cup of coffee or two before fading into obscurity. The fact that we've had three Bobcats in the bigs at the same time in recent years (Goldschmidt, Finnegan and Head) is really outstanding.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Really puts it into perspective how hard it is to make it to the big leagues
Ivan Melendez won the Golden Spikes last year and is absolutely destroying the ball - 14HR, 52H, 36RBI in 48G, just hit for the cycle the other day, and he's still in High A, just like Stivors. Long road to the bigs.

When I was a junior in HS, my mom's co-worker's husband finally made the bigs after 9 years in the minors. He watched us for a weekend while mom was out of town once and I was blown away by his confidence - this dude had just gone 10-9 on the season after 9 years of bouncing back and forth to the majors with 3 teams, and he was talking smack about guys like Strawberry (for some reason I remember that specifically) and how he'd own them. 2 years later I was pretty damn proud watching him pitch in the All Star game from Clarewood apartments. Bob Tewksbury, who was best known for never walking anyone.
Due to the shoulder and arm problems he faced over the course of his playing career, Tewksbury became known as an excellent control pitcher.[9] His best year was 1992, in which he went 16-5 on the season and had a 2.16 ERA in 233 innings pitched. He appeared in the All-Star game[10] and was third in the Cy Young Award voting that year.[11] His injury problems marred his success from that point forward, with his best post-Cardinals year being in San Diego, where he helped the Padres capture the NL West division title.

In 1992 Tewksbury walked only 20 batters in 233 innings, the best ratio in the major leagues in over half a century. The next season Tewksbury came very close to ending the season with more wins than bases on balls allowed, an elusive feat only accomplished 4 times by 3 different starting pitchers in MLB history. He had 17 wins with only 18 walks allowed late in the season but gave up a walk apiece in his last two starts and did not achieve a win in either game, ending the season with 17 wins on 20 walks.