TXST Hockey season cancelled

Voltronjacko

Not sure what's going on, but saw this on FB.

Texas State Hockey
1 hr ·
It is with a heavy heart that the TX ST Hockey program announces the cancellation of tonight’s game and the remainder of the 2019-2020 season. We will provide more information in the coming days. In the meantime, we want to say thank you to everyone for your love and support. Your Bobcats will be back eventually. But for right now, we will be focused off the ice- rebuilding a hockey program that we can all be proud of!

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
Not sure Mark, but I’m betting it has something to do with funding/travel. Wish they would have had a team when I was in school, we had some ringers at the time.

B

Bakertxst04

We've had a hockey team for a while. I've been trying to get a jersey for my home office for several years, but no luck. Last year they mentioned that they might be selling them at the bookstore, but I haven't seen them.

I also appreciate they put the UT logo upside down on their schedule.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I also appreciate they put the UT logo upside down on their schedule.
So stupid. It's one thing to do in the heat of competition like Stivors. It's another to do it in your official schedule - especially to a team that beats you like a rented mule.
I've been trying to get a jersey for my home office for several years, but no luck. Last year they mentioned that they might be selling them at the bookstore, but I haven't seen them.

B

Bakertxst04

Yeah, I know our hockey team isn't great. I'm just happy they continue to show some disrespect towards Bovine University.

And thanks for the heads up with that Tweet (er... Xeet, Xweet, wtf they're calling it now...?) I'll keep an eye on that account.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I can't imagine our side has ever been really solid. It's a tough ask to 1) find legit ice hockey players in Texas who 2) have the time and money to practice in Austin. Playing a club sport in college is tough without all the extra issues ice hockey has, and it's brutal when you're not winning any games. As far as I can tell, they went 0-16 last season.

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
Texas Tech historically has been very good, but they have to drive to Odessa to play/practice unless Lubbock has gotten a new sheet of ice since the Cotton Kings folded. Had a few buddies play for them back in the day.

ETBU (who they played last) is in NE Texas and they drive to Shreveport for their practices and home games.