2023 Off Season

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
With Mora taking a spot and running with it, thought one of Hernandez/Leary may look elsewhere. Hernandez had a .252 obp and ops that started with a 5. Think he’s better than that but it was pretty unplayable.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
3B was our messiest position all season long. We never solidified a 3B at any point in the season. As a unit our 3 3B (Leary, Hernandez, Gonzales) combined for a .234 average and committed about 22% of the team's errors.

I agree in that I feel Hernandez is better than his stats show for the season but he hit .201 and had a .942 fielding percentage and by season's end wasn't getting many starts anymore. Seems like a move to get more playing time. I could be wrong but I'd expect him to land at a lesser program than TXST.

dirtbag

In the portal (so far):
Collin Coker
Brian Panneton
Jackson Blemier
Victor Loa
Kyle Atkinson
Ryder Hernandez

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Not really losing anything there.

Coker played in the fall but wasn't on the active roster this spring.
Panneton was a 2022 HS commit but I don't recall him in the fall and wasn't on the active roster this spring.
The name Jackson Blemier rings a bell but I don't remember who that is. Definitely not on the roster this spring.
Victor Loa pitched a tad in 2022. Wasn't on the active roster this spring. Don't remember him in the fall either. Thought he left last year.

Atkinson and Hernandez the only ones on the roster this spring. Already talked about Hernandez. Atkinson was buried on the OF depth chart his two seasons here and didn't play much. Had 15 total ABs over 2 years. Used mostly as a pinch runner in 2022. Had 1 start this year but only played in 6 games overall. Figured he'd compete for the opening we'll have in LF next year but guessing he was probably advised it'd be in his best interest to move on if he wants to see the field.

Mittens

How do we feel about our weekend rotation for next year? Losing 2/3 weekend starters correct? Wells and Wood both gone.
Looking like Robbie and maybe Zabel for weekend starters next year. Idk for a 3rd
Not sure. Probably a question for @_x_. He’s pretty keyed in on the team/depth.

Baseballnut

We have two of our 4 starters back and we have 3 potential starting pitchers coming from junior college. One from Florida, Tennessee and Texas and at least 1 very good reliever from a Texas junior college and a few good arms fro the Texas high school ranks.