2026 Recruiting

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Yeah not to say a 2A kid can't be successful a la Claude Mathis or Lane Johnson, but as a guy who went to a 2A and played on a pretty good 2A squad, I dont like the odds.

Bobcat1

When UTEP & UTSA have offered and we haven’t…there is definitely a disconnect in evaluating high school talent at the endzone complex right now. A 6’4”, 200 lbs ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐ WR who has a 30%+ TD/Reception ratio in our own back yard…and we aren’t even making any effort to recruit him. Save for the Longhorns, we are the only other major program in Texas who hasn’t offered. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
When UTEP & UTSA have offered and we haven’t…there is definitely a disconnect in evaluating high school talent at the endzone complex right now. A 6’4”, 200 lbs ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐ WR who has a 30%+ TD/Reception ratio in our own back yard…and we aren’t even making any effort to recruit him. Save for the Longhorns, we are the only other major program in Texas who hasn’t offered. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Have you thought about GAing? Work your way into a real position, then going to work at UTSA, SHSU, UNT or some other program and ruin their recruiting?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Since Taxi refuses to use search and wants to create his own thread about a player who will never step foot on this campus, maybe it's time to update this thread, even though most of the offers going out recently are for 2025s.

Kyden Barker

Davis Penn

Marcell Gipson

Xavier Watson

Alonzo Welch
https://twitter.com/alonzo_welch6/status/1654260457497042948

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Yes I'm sure he'd totally pick us over Tennessee and ND... relax dude. We'll get him from the portal in a few years if its meant to be

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Jordan Clay is going to play at somewhere like Ohio State and get a $500k NIL deal. As a freshman, he was a man amongst boys.

I guess we could have offered him as a freshman, which I suggested a year ago. Still makes some sense to offer to build a relationship just in case it doesn't work out for him.

Bobcat1

Jordan Clay is going to play at somewhere like Ohio State and get a $500k NIL deal. As a freshman, he was a man amongst boys.

I guess we could have offered him as a freshman, which I suggested a year ago. Still makes some sense to offer to build a relationship just in case it doesn't work out for him.
Which is my take on it also, given the level of his offers. He’s still got two years, but as of now Notre Dame has the inside lane on signing him. However, I could see Texas coming in at the 11th hour in 2025 when Manning is entrenched as the starter and they can offer him playing time as a Frosh.

But we should at least be putting on a full court press like Texas Tech and UTSA are doing.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Which is my take on it also, given the level of his offers. He’s still got two years, but as of now Notre Dame has the inside lane on signing him. However, I could see Texas coming in at the 11th hour in 2025 when Manning is entrenched as the starter and they can offer him playing time as a Frosh.

But we should at least be putting on a full court press like Texas Tech and UTSA are doing.
UTSA has zero chance. A full court press is a waist of limited resources. However, an offer now is just in case he portals in the future, so he’ll know your name.