Buc-ee's coming to SMTX

TXSTHockeyGuy44

M&G Collective Member
@LTK5H basically the proposal would put it right in front of my neighborhood at Yarrington. I love me some Buccees but the traffic and light pollution have been a cause for concern with myself and other neighbors. Torn on this one…

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
It's nothing more than a white trash tourist trap.
Why do you fell that way?

I personally really like Buc-ee's. They always have clean restrooms, they have a ton of snacks and food options which are great for road trips. Tons of gas pumps with lots of options including def at the pump and ethanol free gas. I definitely don't see the comparison to walmart either. Maybe the Buc-ee's branded items are cheap chinese merch, but they have a ton of made in Texas products for home decor etc.

I think they have risen to the level they have in Texas "some kind of symbol for the state" because they provide a total package that is above what any other gas station/travel center I've ever been to offers. JMO though.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Why do you fell that way?
They are the gross epitome of unhealthy excess. Simply filled with thousands of variations of sugar and fat, in whatever form you'd like to consume it in. Just one step closer to a Wall-E future. Never mind that there is zero reason whatsoever to have all of that in one place - it's nothing more than a novelty stop. Wow, look at all the crap at the gas station! The ground coverage alone is an abomination - acres of concrete for a shrine to worthless excess.

The do have clean shitters though. That's nice.

franslasttwinkie

This location for Bucees will be something to the tune of their 50th store, so I seriously doubt they are banking on this location floating the business given that the better located store is just 20 miles down the road in New Braunfels (at the time of its opening it was the largest convenience store in the world at 68,000 square feet). Especially with new expansion (13 stores) into other SEC states.

Texas34
Alabama4
Florida2
Georgia2
Tennessee2
Kentucky1
Missouri1
South Carolina1
Colorado1

Bobcats2011

The one in NB used to have a ton of TXST gear. That was nice.
It also has cheap-ish gas/diesel and probably better priced Copenhagen in the city. Although they have gone up recently on my cope unfortunately. Just don’t go there in a Friday afternoon in the summer.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I'm with Saul on this one.

I can't stand Buc-ee's. Who the hell wants to deal with traffic in and out of a gas station with 900 people in it? That place exists solely to profit off all this country's fats (sorry to offend anyone, and it probably will since 70-something percent of this country fall into that category).

I don't see how anyone couldn't see the wal-mart comparison. I see someone wearing a Buc-ee's shirt I instantly dislike them. Even worse if they have other paraphernalia. You got a buc-ee's sticker on your laptop or something and I know to stay far away from you cause we won't get along. Touchy subject I know, but if my decades worth of bottled emotions someday manifest in one big final hoorah mass shooting Buc-ee's will be on my shortlist of locations to consider....