Game Day Experience

Fiefdom

Curious to other folks observations, but the game experience seemed to go as well as can be expected.

The seating was spread out well, although it is a shame I saw rust stains on the bleachers from the clamps holding the cushion chairs.

I had to jump some SMU frat boys ass, as they came into our section and started trowing MF bombs.

The meal at the Pavilion was very good, BBQ from SM BBQ, which took over Fuschaks.

Truth be told, the energy of the fans was better than I have seen with twice the crowd, most likely due to the hard core fans were in attendance.

I guess it is nice to have games on national TV, but a pain for fans in person, with all the delays for commercials.

Refs reviewed pays that were obvious, which led to further delays. They made bad calls on both sides, but the non call on pass interference was crucial in killing one of our drives.

Slight line for bathrooms so you could not what until the last minute if you know what I mean.........

gatorcat

M&G Collective Member
When was the last time the referees mike worked. Why can't we get this right, seems like an easy fix. Everything else I agree with Fiefdom.

TXST04

I have to say that the location of the band seemed to make the sound resonate louder throughout the stadium; anyone else notice the same?

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I have to say that the location of the band seemed to make the sound resonate louder throughout the stadium; anyone else notice the same?
Yes, and i couldnt hear the ref whenever he tried to explain a call because the band would always play when he spoke

H

hooper

The acoustics of the band were awesome from my seat. They were in the north end zonToo bad no one taught them anything about when to play.
I found The Strutters Video as lazy. Really, they can’t march out for 5 minutes?

The studenS made no difference in the crowd.

The crowd was sparse. But the folks attending were into it. I wish some of you would get off your couch..

Overall, it was an entertaining game. Nothing perfect, but fun. But for the game, there was no gameday experience.

DrumCat

The acoustics of the band were awesome from my seat. They were in the north end zonToo bad no one taught them anything about when to play.
I found The Strutters Video as lazy. Really, they can’t march out for 5 minutes?

The studenS made no difference in the crowd.

The crowd was sparse. But the folks attending were into it. I wish some of you would get off your couch..

Overall, it was an entertaining game. Nothing perfect, but fun. But for the game, there was no gameday experience.
I know the announced attendance was full capacity of 7500, but there were still some tickets available a few hours before kickoff. Anybody know if there were any "empty" seats or if they were actually sold out?

I wanted to see how they handled protocols but I'm all on board for the next game if I can get a hold of some tickets.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
Watching the Bobcats on TV and then Ark State/Memphis, our game day experience looked much better.

BokoDweller

And the “electronic” whistle...????....

What made that so different? The ESPN announcers. were bi$tching about it big time - could you just not hear it?

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
And the “electronic” whistle...????....

What made that so different? The ESPN announcers. were bi$tching about it big time - could you just not hear it?
Could barely hear it. The refs might as well have been whistling with their mouths. Thats why so many plays kept going past the whistle

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
We were 50 yard line, Row 5 and never heard it. Were screaming at them to blow the whistle all night long. Had no idea there was an electric whistle. WTH is that?

Bobcat1

They mentioned a few times on ESPN how the electronic whistles were going to be an issue all year long.
I really don’t see why that was implemented in the first place. It’s outdoors and usually refs aren’t blowing the whistles right on players faces. I’d really like to see the science behind that decision. 🧐🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
I really don’t see why that was implemented in the first place. It’s outdoors and usually refs aren’t blowing the whistles right on players faces. I’d really like to see the science behind that decision. 🧐🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
They said on TV it had to do with spit. I don’t agree with the assessment but that is what they said.

franslasttwinkie

After hearing the Looney Tunes play "Party Like a Rockstar" over the loudspeaker of an enclosed facility I think it is time that we rebrand our gameday experience drastically. No more nice cats. Please don't play Hellsbells or Crazy Train or the overplayed 7 Nation Army ever again.

#Madcats #Hellcat

Imagine K Damp coming out of the tunnel cranking a TRX. He can ride in a motorcycle and I guess that doesn't seem to harm turf wonder about a full-sized truck.

TxSt1992

Pick something catchy and that people like. Stick with it. That's it. All you have to do. Do the same for beginning of the third quarter, my vote for that song would be "Deep in the Heart of Texas", with the catchiness, the clapping it's a guaranteed winner. Whatever you do, just repeat it and make it a tradition. Back in the early 2000's, while we were still FCS. My Wife and I went to a McNeese State game in Louisiana. The band, which also made the trip, sang this song about a half dozen times during the game. We still lost the game but pissed off the Louisianans in the process. So that was cool.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
It was indeed the digital parking pass, or at least the clowns using the scanners, that had traffic backed up all the way up Thorpe to Aquarena - straight up gridlock, w/ no police at the Robbie Ln entrance to keep order. It's a 3 second operation to scan the phone and move on to the next car - the guy was just looking and looking at mine forever before asking me if I knew what lot I was in. I said "Yes - Lot 4 - it says so right there". And it still took him another 15s or so to get it scanned.

After spending $$$ for a consultant to tell us what the efficiency issues are in our concessions, we went right back to Chartwells, and the result was the same, at least in the pavillion. I was 3rd in line behind a couple of guys who wanted beers, and a guy who wanted some mixed drinks. There were 4 people behind the bar and another restocking beer and helping on the side I was on. Only 2 people were actually serving customers - WHY?? The guy making the mixed drinks could not have been moving any slower - ZERO sense of urgency, and he's making simple shit like jack and coke, not mojitos. I stood there for 10 minutes watching 4 beers and 2 drinks get served. Out of DosXX when I got to the bar, but still had the DosXX can up front. Switched to another beer and slow bartender guy is determined to have a conversation and apologize for being out of DosXX instead of running my card, and when I express my displeasure over his largess, he simply moves slower to make a point. Got to be shitting me w/ the people they're hiring. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I could pull 4 girls out from behind the bar off the square and run those bars so quickly it would make heads spin.