Keenan Brown......N.Y. Guardians #85

Bobcat1

All I know is that I picked Brown for my XFL fantasy team, so he better ball out to the tune of 8 catches for 140 yards and 2 TDs against the Vipers game one. I can't even tell y'all how many games I lost in basketball for 13 years with Foster on my teams. #SentimentalPicks :LOL:

Bobcat1

Well, looks like I jinxed Brown's start to his season, he is out game one with an illness.........good thing I checked my lineup this morning. 😅

carmanjello325

Sweet Jesus he’s 4th in the depth chart so it doesn’t look like he’d be playing anyway. Or is he that far down the depth chart because he’s injured?

Bobcat1

Sweet Jesus he’s 4th in the depth chart so it doesn’t look like he’d be playing anyway. Or is he that far down the depth chart because he’s injured?

Injured, he was second on the depth chart last week and the starter is considered more of a WR so Brown would have gotten snaps at TE in 3 & 4 wide sets.

Bobcat1

If y'all aren't watching the game, this league is awesome so far. During a timeout, they have the cameras on the coach and QB as they discuss "Ok, what are you seeing out there? You missed the TE right up the seam", then the kicker misses a FG and they INTERVIEW THE KICKER on the spot about why he missed the FG. :LOL: :LOL:

"Double right open, Ace slot double option" ...... yeah, not against THIS defensive formation. That was a pick all the way. :geek:🧐😂

EatEmUpCats

Saw our own Coach Woods leading the Dallas Renegades in XFL defense on TV this weekend. His defense unsurprisingly is leading XFL in scoring defense over 1st Qtr of season. Would love to see him come back to San Marcos as HFC someday...real football guy, not these flash in the pan guys.

Artycat

M&G Collective Member
If y'all aren't watching the game, this league is awesome so far. During a timeout, they have the cameras on the coach and QB as they discuss "Ok, what are you seeing out there? You missed the TE right up the seam", then the kicker misses a FG and they INTERVIEW THE KICKER on the spot about why he missed the FG. :LOL: :LOL:

"Double right open, Ace slot double option" ...... yeah, not against THIS defensive formation. That was a pick all the way. :geek:🧐😂
I agree Bobcat1, the XFL is doing some unique new aspects, especially the kickoffs and keeping up the fast pace. I really hope this league can last past its three years of initial funding. The production and television contracts are already 100x better than the AAF.
The XFL style of kickoff should be adopted by every level of football high school and below and even colllege would benefit from reduced player injuries. It is still offers the fans a exciting aspect they like about the game.
The ref whose sole job is to spot the ball is a huge plus, it keeps the game moving quickly.
The refereeing needs some improvement because they have missed some blatant callls, you have need protect your players.
They will have to eventually raise the salaries from $30,000 a year to at least half of the NFLs base pay. Also you want to compete with the CFL.
Smaller stadiums would help the optics of attendance, even with 20,000 fans those cavernous stadiums look empty.

Bobcat1

I agree Bobcat1, the XFL is doing some unique new aspects, especially the kickoffs and keeping up the fast pace. I really hope this league can last past its three years of initial funding. The production and television contracts are already 100x better than the AAF.
The XFL style of kickoff should be adopted by every level of football high school and below and even colllege would benefit from reduced player injuries. It is still offers the fans a exciting aspect they like about the game.
The ref whose sole job is to spot the ball is a huge plus, it keeps the game moving quickly.
The refereeing needs some improvement because they have missed some blatant callls, you have need protect your players.
They will have to eventually raise the salaries from $30,000 a year to at least half of the NFLs base pay. Also you want to compete with the CFL.
Smaller stadiums would help the optics of attendance, even with 20,000 fans those cavernous stadiums look empty.

Wonder how much Vince McMahon is pocketing from all the television contracts, because those salaries are paltry considering all games are nationally televised on major networks. 🧐 :unsure:

The vast majority of revenue for pro teams is not from ticket sales or merchandising, but from those tv contracts....MLB would not survive 162 games per year on paid attendance alone.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I haven't bothered to look any of this up and have no sources but my friend who is way into the league said that they make nothing off of TV, that's how they got the tv deals they have. No risk for the networks, and hopefully allows the XFL to gain some traction.

TheRevSWT

I haven't bothered to look any of this up and have no sources but my friend who is way into the league said that they make nothing off of TV, that's how they got the tv deals they have. No risk for the networks, and hopefully allows the XFL to gain some traction.
Per the link below, that does indeed seem to be the case: