M&G NIL

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Edit: M&G NIL is now live!

Here is the link. https://maroonandgolden.com/nil/

Alright... I know @Josh has hinted at this already, but I think it's time we announce what we have going on.

We have been working with a few of the forum members getting a new NIL collective in place and we are about ready to roll things out. The goal of this NIL is to create a collective where average fans can contribute in a way that makes a difference for our student athletes, all while boosting the forum and website.

We're also looking to our members for advice on various incentives you would be interested in. Our goal is to create a grassroots NIL collective that benefits everyone involved. We're not interested in the corporate sponsor business model, but we know a lot of our fans want to be involved in a way to make a difference.

We will be providing more information over the course of the next week or so, but for now what would everyone be interested in seeing from an incentive perspective.

We have talked about creating a private forum that subscribers would get access to. We could provide insider information or host player Q&As in that section.

We have also talked about providing signed memorabilia or playing cards of the signed student athletes etc.

We can also do newsletters, meet and greets, or anything else. Whatever we decide, they'll be considered deliverables for signing with the M&G Collective.

We are planning to offer a tiered subscription service starting at a small amount per month with levels increasing and offering additional incentives each level.

So, what do y'all think? Any ideas?

Last edited:

LT Spider

I’m friends with people that started one for UT baseball if you ever want to pick their brain. They set it up so that the average fan can donate. You can also set recurring payments each month at any amount.

If you are familiar with the site Cameo, it has gotten wildly popular. I was thinking an incentive could be a certain amount of short Cameo type videos based on your tier. Sending my wife a birthday message from Seamus would be entertaining as hell.

Player dinner and other events are great but we need to think of digital things to get the Dallas and Houston bobcats involved.

Lastly, I would like to know more about how the money is going to be spent when the time is right. Spread across the board or target certain guys? The UT one is strategic about keeping certain players and recruiting from HS and the portal.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Heard it through the grapevine that GJ believes we're $500k short of NIL to retain and build our roster. It sounds like our donor base is strained from all of the other capital campaigns. In the short-term, we run the real risk of losing Finley, Mahdi and a few others. Long-term we need all hands on deck.

Here's an interesting idea I saw on X. We need QR Codes on the back of each seat in the stadium.

Any other ideas?

Bobcat1

Heard it through the grapevine that GJ believes we're $500k short of NIL to retain and build our roster. It sounds like our donor base is strained from all of the other capital campaigns. In the short-term, we run the real risk of losing Finley, Mahdi and a few others. Long-term we need all hands on deck.

Here's an interesting idea I saw on X. We need QR Codes on the back of each seat in the stadium.

Any other ideas?

Send an email to the entire alumni base with said QR code, but from experience the return on investment on that would be minimal too…unless you send it in the middle of a bowl game we are winning or after if we win. Top of mind type of deal.

B

Bakertxst04

Just spitballing, but I know we auction off game-used merchandise every year (Step Up 4 State, maybe?).

Is there anything preventing the school + the players from selling things such as signed helmets, jerseys, or footballs? I mean, people pay hundreds for the items on the SU4S auctions, there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't drop $150-$200 for a signed piece of game-used memorabillia.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Send an email to the entire alumni base with said QR code, but from experience the return on investment on that would be minimal too…unless you send it in the middle of a bowl game we are winning or after if we win. Top of mind type of deal.
There will be at least 10k TXST fans at the bowl game. $100/each is $1MM.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Alright... I know @Josh has hinted at this already, but I think it's time we announce what we have going on.

We have been working with a few of the forum members getting a new NIL collective in place and we are about ready to roll things out. The goal of this NIL is to create a collective where average fans can contribute in a way that makes a difference for our student athletes, all while boosting the forum and website.

We're also looking to our members for advice on various incentives you would be interested in. Our goal is to create a grassroots NIL collective that benefits everyone involved. We're not interested in the corporate sponsor business model, but we know a lot of our fans want to be involved in a way to make a difference.

We will be providing more information over the course of the next week or so, but for now what would everyone be interested in seeing from an incentive perspective.

We have talked about creating a private forum that subscribers would get access to. We could provide insider information or host player Q&As in that section.

We have also talked about providing signed memorabilia or playing cards of the signed student athletes etc.

We can also do newsletters, meet and greets, or anything else. Whatever we decide, they'll be considered deliverables for signing with the M&G Collective.

We are planning to offer a tiered subscription service starting at a small amount per month with levels increasing and offering additional incentives each level.

So, what do y'all think? Any ideas?
Unfortunately, the athletic department needs organizations like M&G to create meaningful NIL programs. We simply don't have the donors to write large enough checks to cover the cost of everything we need, including an indoor practice facility and the remaining $500k for the EZ project.

Raising capital is part of what I do for a living. I can say with certainty that a pledge of less than $10k to the football program will be viewed as 'it's the thought that counts,' but not meaningful enough to warrant perks. $25k, and we open eyeballs; we will receive a lot in return from the players and coaches.

Here is what I would do to start.

Benefits:

• Inside scoops,
  • Private chats with players and coaches. It would be cool to have a private chat with TJ, Ish, GJ, or Don.
  • Insider T-Shirt
  • Ticket exchanges with other insiders (We could share our extra tickets and perks)
  • A voice within the program.
  • For business owners, players promoting our businesses on social media.
Cost: $100/month with the goal of 25 insiders. I would sign up for that and bet we could find 24 others to do the same.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
Unfortunately, the athletic department needs organizations like M&G to create meaningful NIL programs. We simply don't have the donors to write large enough checks to cover the cost of everything we need, including an indoor practice facility and the remaining $500k for the EZ project.

Raising capital is part of what I do for a living. I can say with certainty that a pledge of less than $10k to the football program will be viewed as 'it's the thought that counts,' but not meaningful enough to warrant perks. $25k, and we open eyeballs; we will receive a lot in return from the players and coaches.

Here is what I would do to start.

Benefits:

• Inside scoops,
  • Private chats with players and coaches. It would be cool to have a private chat with TJ, Ish, GJ, or Don.
  • Insider T-Shirt
  • Ticket exchanges with other insiders (We could share our extra tickets and perks)
  • A voice within the program.
  • For business owners, players promoting our businesses on social media.
Cost: $100/month with the goal of 25 insiders. I would sign up for that and bet we could find 24 others to do the same.
I'd pledge 100 a month for this.

B

Bakertxst04

Another idea:

What about a Bobcat Kids Camp?

Kids get to spend a day touring the facilities
Eat lunch in the dining hall with the players
Play a game of flag football with the players
T-shirt and poster
Pictures with the players, including an autographed polaroid

Cost: $100 per kid, 25 kids per day. Host it both Saturday and Sunday. $5k a week or $20k per month.

Would this be doable?

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Another idea:

What about a Bobcat Kids Camp?

Kids get to spend a day touring the facilities
Eat lunch in the dining hall with the players
Play a game of flag football with the players
T-shirt and poster
Pictures with the players, including an autographed polaroid

Cost: $100 per kid, 25 kids per day. Host it both Saturday and Sunday. $5k a week or $20k per month.

Would this be doable?
Creative. Liability with kids is high. One lawsuit wipes you out.

carmanjello325

to say unlimited transfer rule puts an extra element of burden in the texas state nil structure would be an understatement. you go from prioritizing nil $ to the players who are able to transfer without sitting to now everyone in the 2 deep needs $