Men's Golf SBC Championship April 24-27

GolfCat

Another interesting tidbit of info is that Ben Carr from GASO was runner up in last years US Amateur losing to Sam Bennett from Texas A&M. Both players played in this years Masters with Sam gaining much recognition for his stellar play. Ben shot +5 to miss the cut by 2 strokes.

GolfCat

Guys started out so, so in the beginning. Came alive during the middle of the round and played very well to get it to 6 under at one time and were leading. Seems like they may have just had a lapse of concentration coming in and played the last 3 holes in +6 to finish the day tied for 4th at +3. Troy is leading after day one at -4. Still a good showing in the first round and they are definitely in position to make it to Match play. Just need to stay focused and finish strong.

Last edited:

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
This is on ESPN+ if anyone is interested. We're +2 so far today in round 2 and have dropped to 7th.

Troy struggling too and have lost the lead. USM now leading:

GolfCat

This is on ESPN+ if anyone is interested. We're +2 so far today in round 2 and have dropped to 7th.

Troy struggling too and have lost the lead. USM now leading:
Yeah, it's such a fluid situation with golf. I don't get to excited about what place they are in at the current time. I am more interested with how many strokes out of 4th they are throughout today and midway through tomorrow. As long as, they don't get too far out of reach they have a chance to make up some ground quickly over the final 9 holes to qualify for Match Play. That is, if they play well. Right now as I checked the number 4 and 5 players made birdies on their 9th hole (#18) to get it back to +3 for the tournament. One shot out of a T3 and 5 shots out of 1st. The leaderboard is constantly changing throughout the day.

GolfCat

Final round of stroke play today. Top 4 teams qualify for semi finals of match play. I have a feeling it's going to come down to the final hole. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there is a playoff to determine the final spot. Come on Bobcats. Won't be able to follow much as I will be in training.

GolfCat

Unfortunately, The Bobcats didn't have the round they needed today. I know they are more than disappointed that they didn't play very well and failed to qualify for Match Play. Just too many double bogeys on a day that had some good scores posted. Hopefully, they use it as a learning experience. Four of the five players that played in the Championship should return for next year.