New President's House

Bobcat1

August 2023 Capital Projects Quarterly Status Report

New JAMES St Student housing building planned and perhaps a pond to be created in front of the STEM building(s)

Two things:

1.) On page 9, that’s San Marcos hall, not San Jacinto Hall. Doesn’t inspire much confidence when something that simple isn’t done right. Also…were the parking for the dorm AND the STEM building?

2.) $124M+ for one dorm, $125M for another and $137M for the STEM building…and we can’t even raise enough for the new expansion of the stadium + the indoor practice bubble to be done at once? I think I’m understanding why Withers and Spav complained quite a bit about facilities.

Last edited:

Bobcats2011

New Capital Projects Status Reports just published. (Thank you KDamp for the assist)
Project Status Report - March 2024. Nothing #Breaking - hopefully the campus master plan will shed some light into the Practice Facility cost and tentative location
When is new campus master plan coming out? I still want to know what they have planned for across sessom along Loquat. It’s something like 15-20 acres university got a few years back and demoed all the houses

TXST04

Exactly why I like to browse these reports; to see what concepts or plans are on the horizon.

On page 28 of 30 they outline the CMP March Activities & Timeline. Looks like by end of 2024.
  • Workshop #4 (March 25th) Planning Charrette
  • Focus Groups
  • Accessibility Public Art Research Tour Landscape Tour
  • Final Draft (Review) – 09/2024
  • TSUS Planning & Construction Comm –10/2024
  • Approval by BOR – 11/2024

On a different note... did the following line item also peak your curiosity?

Bobcats2011

Exactly why I like to browse these reports; to see what concepts or plans are on the horizon.

On page 28 of 30 they outline the CMP March Activities & Timeline. Looks like by end of 2024.
  • Workshop #4 (March 25th) Planning Charrette
  • Focus Groups
  • Accessibility Public Art Research Tour Landscape Tour
  • Final Draft (Review) – 09/2024
  • TSUS Planning & Construction Comm –10/2024
  • Approval by BOR – 11/2024

On a different note... did the following line item also peak your curiosity?

View attachment 6523
Noticed that! Still curious where they plan on putting that without losing parking..
While we’re spending money can we get an additional espn+ crew so baseball doesn’t get the shaft for softball.