***Nicholls State Predictions***

Bobcat1

Given the ground game we found against GaSt and the fact that Jensen played safe, keep away football coupled with this being an FCS opponent, I figure we win comfortably.

Nicholls State 17
Texas State 31

slycat

28-27 Bobcats in a super close one. Nicholls isn't a pushover FCS that we are used to and we struggled against enough of those recently.

T_X_S_T

Pre-Season I said 35-17. I will once again revise one score down for the Bobcats....and one score up for the Colonels. Bobcats win 28-24.

TXSTGrad03

I’m going to say

28 TXST
17 Nicholls

What scares me is if we can’t run will we be able to pass downfield? K-State did what they wanted, both Prairie View and SFA threw for over 300.

Artycat

M&G Collective Member
I fully expect us to win against Nicholls. The score is not important to me in this game but rather the manner in which the team plays, i.e., we should dominate every faucet of the game Saturday against a FCS team.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
This is TXST vs GSU lite. Our below average offense against their terrible defense. And a decent FCS offense against a solid FBS defense.

TXST 38
NSU 10

Any score differential wider than that is good news. Anything less is cause for concern.

Last edited:

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like we actually match up against Nicholls better than I originally thought. They seem to be more of a rushing offense than a passing offense and don't seem to have the strongest defense. I think our defensive front will be able to stop the run or at the very least slow them down.

The big question mark is still going to be our offense. I think it's safe to assume that Jensen will start again, so I expect another dismal offensive showing. However, we should be able to move the ball on them easier than the other teams we've faced so far.

TXST - 34
NSU - 17

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I'll be worried if the Cats can't score 30+ points against Nicholls. Nicholls is looking to pound the rock and think Texas State's defense is too big and good.

Prediction is 40 - 21.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Jenson was FCS freshman QB of the year just a couple seasons ago. Nicholls is gonna make him look like a Heisman candidate

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I'll go with:
TXST 34
Nicholls 24

Hope some of you guys are right in the last few posts and this is a blowout in favor of TXST.

cpwhite

Talent-wise, for the 2nd week in a row San Marcos will be the scene of some FCS on FCS violence again! While I'm not going to predict another 3OT game, this one unfortunately should be closer than most people think.