Sammie State @ NRG Tickets on Sale

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Reading DCTF's recent writeup for SHSU spring ball was comical. I understand that optimism springs eternal this time of year everywhere but that writer had to really stretch to put a positive spin on anything he saw.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
One of the guys I know that was on their staff last year said he's a very different kind of kat. The wine and cheese type.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Speaking of....what's the tailgate situation at NRG?

Think the last time I was there it was for Westlake vs North Shore for the State Championship game, and we had a full lot of Westlake parents throwing down, but can't imagine that opportunity presents itself for this game.

Pintail45

M&G Gift Contributor
Speaking of....what's the tailgate situation at NRG?

Think the last time I was there it was for Westlake vs North Shore for the State Championship game, and we had a full lot of Westlake parents throwing down, but can't imagine that opportunity presents itself for this game.
Only been to NFL games there so I don’t really know how they handle CFB games.

@Bearkat'21 what was the tailgate situation for the Battle for the Pineywoods games?

franslasttwinkie

Hope this game sells around 40K tickets but part of me is weary that if this event is too successful our AD will look at scheduling multiple home and homes in the future with SHSU in an extended series like UTSA.

I have no desire to drive to or set foot in Bowers ever. Especially home and homes with a school that had no business financially going FBS from the jump.

I was pissed back in 2011 when we allowed UTSA to get all these home games against us when they had no business sponsoring a football program to begin with. We were supposed to have been doing the jump to FBS….ALONE in central Texas. I guess the UTSA series of having to play in San Antonio has grown on me… but to play in Bowers and be seen as on equal footing 13 years later…no thanks! Let’s beat them by 30+ and kill the appeal of a future matchup!

I don’t even like the appeal of doing a 2 for 1 with UH any more than I would like doing future home and homes with SHSU. I’d do a 2 for 1 with UH if NRG was counted as one of their homes.

Teams that have agreed to play in Bowers: UNLV, Hawaii, Troy, Tulsa, Colorado St, ULM and GS what TF were they thinking 😂

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Hope this game sells around 40K tickets but part of me is weary that if this event is too successful our AD will look at scheduling multiple home and homes in the future with SHSU in an extended series like UTSA.

I have no desire to drive to or set foot in Bowers ever. Especially home and homes with a school that had no business financially going FBS from the jump.

I was pissed back in 2011 when we allowed UTSA to get all these home games against us when they had no business sponsoring a football program to begin with. We were supposed to have been doing the jump to FBS….ALONE in central Texas. I guess the UTSA series of having to play in San Antonio has grown on me… but to play in Bowers and be seen as on equal footing 13 years later…no thanks! Let’s beat them by 30+ and kill the appeal of a future matchup!

I don’t even like the appeal of doing a 2 for 1 with UH any more than I would like doing future home and homes with SHSU. I’d do a 2 for 1 with UH if NRG was counted as one of their homes.

Teams that have agreed to play in Bowers: UNLV, Hawaii, Troy, Tulsa, Colorado St, ULM and GS what TF were they thinking 😂
Spot on. The past is the past and we don't ever need to send our players to that dump. If God forbid we ever play at Bowers again I would probably go the first time just to reminisce how that place looks the same as it did when I had the misfortune of playing there back in 2007 and then never again. I know I'm being dramatic but fuck that place. We should not enable them. Feeling pretty good about the matchup though and I am excited to check out NRG. Should be a fun day.

I think you're misremembering the UTSA bit though. We didnt agree to that long series until after we had both been FBS for a few years. The WAC scheduled us to play at the dome in 2011. We didn't play them again until 2017. https://fbschedules.com/texas-state-utsa-schedule-eight-game-football-series/

A 1-1-1 with UH would be pretty cool though!

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member

Hate to break it to you but future games against SHSU are going to happen inevitably. AD and President are both graduates of other Texas State University system schools. KDamp is a SHSU grad so don’t be surprised to see them schedule again.
Might be a good time to get a leg up on one of our rivals at least on fbs record.
But I agree on not wanting them scheduled every year. I’d prefer utsa over Sam for now at least. If we can get utsa in conference then I’d be more open to scheduling Sam yearly or 3/5 years but don’t need OOC tied up with both. Put em in rotation with other Texas schools.
Need to be able to schedule P4 teams and I know we’re not dropping fcs cupcake game

franslasttwinkie

At a minimum I’d hope we can at least shatter UTSA’s record (41,412) in a CCG against UNT in their climate controlled home stadium.

Anyone have the living alumni by metro city handy? I’d be curious if there are more living alumni in the Houston metro than there are undergrads + alumni in the San Marcos Austin metro.

Battle of Piney Woods record at NRG is 27,411.

If we can get 49,342 tickets sold in one of our smaller alumni areas coming off of a 4-8 season I would say the sky is the limit for ticket sales in the nation’s 5th largest metroplex. I would guess we could get a couple thousand randos up off the street to the game including some UH fans in a world of hurt in Big 12 right now.