2023-24 Sun Belt

franslasttwinkie

So I guess the suspense of TXST reaching the highly coveted SBC semifinals mostly boils down to whether or not 7-23 ODU can beat 7-23 Georgia Southern and whether or not USA can take care of business against ULM.
I should have placed that bet of TXST reaching the semis. I’m sure it would have paid out handsomely.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I should have placed that bet of TXST reaching the semis. I’m sure it would have paid out handsomely.
Site I follow had us at 11% to make the semis at the start of the tourney. So yeah probably could've gotten something like 10-1.

I'll probably get called an apologist for saying this (once we lose and Cletus makes his return), but man this team plays so hard. We were 1-8 to start conference play. We're like 10-3 or something since. They easily could've just given up but never did.

I honestly don't have an issue with the way TJ coaches or motivates his players. You can still see plenty of Kaspar roots with how we play, which I love. But TJ needs to figure out what he's doing on the recruiting trail asap. This team didn't struggle this year cause of style of play or effort or anything like that. It did cause of a pure talent deficit, and the injuries didn't help. Add a couple SBC-level star players and our style of play can win a lot of games. Kinda like we saw early in TJ's tenure with a handful of star players that got here in the Kaspar era. I think its a very important off-season for TJ.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Well, a hot start is completely erased now. JMU shooting an and 1 to go up by 10. Missing FGs and FTs right now.

4 minutes without a FG.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Scored 6 in the first 1:30 and only 9 over the next 11 minutes.

Starting to wake back up a little and it's now 29-22. About to put JMU into double bonus though.

franslasttwinkie

Started game 6-0 went into half down 8. Little bit less than ideal for a coach who should be playing like it’s his last game of his life to walk college sidelines.

House money though for fans but TJ on the other hand…

slycat

Playing JMU better than the first time this year but looking like it won't be enough. With App losing earlier today, the number one seed won't be in the final.