2023-24 Sun Belt

carmanjello325

thats the thing about having a juco caliber coaching group that arent used to high stakes games. time out! time out! let the kids play damnit

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
thats the thing about having a juco caliber coaching group that arent used to high stakes games. time out! time out! let the kids play damnit
Exactly. If you're going to call a time out there, you call it was soon as we cross mid court. Not after your best 3 point shooter starts making a move to get open for a 3.

That was probably the worst coaching mistake of the whole game.

Arolexion

Site I follow had us at 11% to make the semis at the start of the tourney. So yeah probably could've gotten something like 10-1.

I'll probably get called an apologist for saying this (once we lose and Cletus makes his return), but man this team plays so hard. We were 1-8 to start conference play. We're like 10-3 or something since. They easily could've just given up but never did.

I honestly don't have an issue with the way TJ coaches or motivates his players. You can still see plenty of Kaspar roots with how we play, which I love. But TJ needs to figure out what he's doing on the recruiting trail asap. This team didn't struggle this year cause of style of play or effort or anything like that. It did cause of a pure talent deficit, and the injuries didn't help. Add a couple SBC-level star players and our style of play can win a lot of games. Kinda like we saw early in TJ's tenure with a handful of star players that got here in the Kaspar era. I think its a very important off-season for TJ.
Curious to know who you think isn't up to par on the team? Not that I disagree with you. Recruiting is abysmal, and with the transfer portal, building a decent team has never been easier, especially for a player's coach like TJ.

That being said, I genuinely think we have 5 + 6 guys that are pretty good and can match anyone in the sunbelt.

Talent wise, I think we are more talented top to bottom than most of our teams, with the only exception being that 2019-2020 teams .

Youdude07

Curious to know who you think isn't up to par on the team? Not that I disagree with you. Recruiting is abysmal, and with the transfer portal, building a decent team has never been easier, especially for a player's coach like TJ.

That being said, I genuinely think we have 5 + 6 guys that are pretty good and can match anyone in the sunbelt.

Talent wise, I think we are more talented top to bottom than most of our teams, with the only exception being that 2019-2020 teams .
We have a lot of talent coming back that's for sure. We have a lot of wing players but we definitely need another big. I know we will have Bolton next season but I think he will still be a project. Love will need some help down low.

Youdude07

We have a lot of talent coming back that's for sure. We have a lot of wing players but we definitely need another big. I know we will have Bolton next season but I think he will still be a project. Love will need some help down low.
Well looks like Sykes is gone