2024 Offseason Thread

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Sigh. Matt Nordgren signed a actual contract with the Philadelphia Eagles after throwing a grand total of 14 passes in college. Why? So his agent could prove he could get anyone signed to an NFL team, regardless of their actual ability to make the team.

Getting invited to mini camp isn't some high bar to clear. I'll eat crow if he makes it to training cramp, but until then, he was a calculated risk that didn't pan out for us, and nothing more.

Last edited:

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Sigh. Matt Nordgren signed a actual contract with the Philadelphia Eagles after throwing a grand total of 14 passes in college. Why? So his agent could prove he could get anyone signed to an NFL team, regardless of their actual ability to make the team.

Getting invited to mini camp isn't some high bar to clear. I'll eat crow if makes it to training cramp, but until then, he was a calculated risk that didn't pan out for us, and nothing more.
Mini camp is the longest of long shots. Nevertheless, Beau moved well enough and has the measurements for the invite.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
So Beau knows mini camp....

Does anyone disagree that in our bowl game McCaffery was the third best receiver on the field that day, or fourth if Holloway gets a vote.
Agreed. I know he had games that were way more productive but its hard to not think less of him as a WR after putting up weak numbers against our secondary. He also wouldn't have scored that TD if not for holding by the inside reciever.