Search results

1. GolfCat

Women's Golf Spring 2024

Congratulations, Coach Nilsson.
  2. GolfCat

SBC Bowl season…

Since MJ is legal in AZ they will probably be handing out "left handed' cigs at the Gin & Juice line. 🤷‍♂️ :D
  3. GolfCat

Women's Golf Spring 2024

The girls wound up in 10th place, 25 shots out of a potential qualifying spot. I know that I sound like a broken record but the double and triple bogeys continue to hold this team back. At a quick glance it looks like they had to count a total of 19 strokes that were a result of double and...
  4. GolfCat

Women's Golf Spring 2024

Ladies are in 10th place after 2 rounds at 22 over par after shooting +13 today. Junia Gabasa (Sr.) and Hailey Jones (GS) led the team with even par 72's followed by Fia Lindblom (75) with Yvonne Chamness and Matilda Svahn recording 82's. Jones is currently T17 at +2 and 3 shots out a 10th...
  5. GolfCat

Women's Golf Spring 2024

Ladies are really struggling in Rd. 2 and have dropped 3 spots putting them 13 shots out of the 5th qualifying spot. Just way too many big numbers, doubles and triples. Same issue that plagued them at last years SBC tournament. To steal a saying from my friend Tim Hobby, former HC at Baylor...
  6. GolfCat

Women's Golf Spring 2024

After round one of the NCAA Regional held in Bryan at the Traditions Golf Club the ladies are currently in a T7 and 4 shots out of 5th. The top 5 from each region ear a spot in the NCAA Championships. Hopefully, the jitters will be gone after today and the girls can settle down and have a little...
  7. GolfCat

Men's Golf Spring 2024

Been slacking. Lots of stuff going on in life right now. Not going to get in to particulars. The Bobcat men finished in a tie for third during the stroke play portion of the SBC golf championship. The top four teams advance to the match play portion of the championship. With their fine play...
  8. GolfCat

2024 Baseball Non-Conference

Nice job by Martinez to come in with a 2-0 count and minimize the damage.
  9. GolfCat

I thought the same thing and even hollered GS.
  10. GolfCat

3 run shot
  11. GolfCat

The Hooks are the Double A minor league affiliate for the Astros.
  12. GolfCat

My daughter and I took my mom who turned 94 yesterday down to Rockport for a family get together. I turned the game on about the 5th inning. My older got there and he joined me in watching it. His daughter and son in law both are UT grads and the son in law was on their National Champinship swim...
  13. GolfCat

Men's Golf Spring 2024

Well, what started out like what could have been an epic day did not end very well. The Bobcats dropped down the leaderboard three spots to end up 10th in the 22 team field. At one point they got to within a stroke of fifth and a couple shots out of third behind the stellar play of Marcelo Garza...
  14. GolfCat

Men's Golf Spring 2024

Men are competing in the Lake Las Vegas Intercollegiate hosted by Arkansas State at Reflection Bay Golf Club. 'Cats played really good and consistent as a team in round 2 finishing with a team score of -6 to move up 11 places from 18th into a tie for 7th going into the final round. Not sure why...
  15. GolfCat

Women's Golf Spring 2024

Might as well make it one thread for the women going forward. Ladies finish 4th in a strong field in the Chevron Collegiate held at the Golf Club of Houston in Humble, TX. Good showings like this should help them as the season goes along...
  16. GolfCat

Men's Golf Spring 2024

Figured one thread throughout the Spring would suffice. Men finished 9th at the Hal Williams Collegiate held at Magnolia Grove Golf Club in Mobile, AL. https://txst.com/news/2024/2/13/mens-golf-karlsen-cards-best-finish-of-season-bobcats-place-t-9th.aspx
  17. GolfCat

Women's Golf Wins TXST Invitational

Women's golf wins the Texas State Invitational by 48 strokes held at Landa Park Golf Course in New Braunfels. https://txst.com/news/2024/2/6/womens-golf-bobcats-capture-texas-state-invitational.aspx
  18. GolfCat

TXST Narcan Distribution

Looks like students will be allowed two doses per week. https://www.kxan.com/news/local/hays/texas-state-university-starts-narcan-distribution-program/
  19. GolfCat

2023 Season metathread

No sir, not him.
  20. GolfCat

QB Jayden de Laura

Well, with 16k "resident" students they should be able to keep tabs on him. Heck, with the diploma mill he wouldn't even have to set foot on campus except for practice and games. I'm sure his enrollment would go over well in LYNCHburg.