# 11: TXST vs A&M Recap

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Taking a listen now.

4 TO's is pretty bad lol

We need to get to where 0 is normal and we're upset with 1-2 in a game.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
In regards to the bowl conversation. It doesn't matter who you win/lose to or by how much. The Sun Belt has 5 bowl tie ins and if we're one of the 5 teams that are bowl eligible, we'll be selected.

If the Sun Belt ends up with more bowl eligible teams than bowls available, then you're hoping for an at large or to be selected by one of the Sun Belt bowls over another bowl eligible sun belt team. What it comes down to them is away game attendance, distance to the bowl, and other political factors. We saw that when we were 7-5 and got passed over for a 6-6 USA team and a 7-5 Arkansas State team that we dominated.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Another good podcast. Keep em coming y'all.

Btw, I'll send out the games for next week's pick em tomorrow.

TXST Marty

Co-op Gift Contributor
Taking a listen now.

4 TO's is pretty bad lol

I completely agree with you - I think a lot of our feelings about the game was that it's been better than what we have seen in the past. 1-2 should be the goal - which should keep us in any game.

TXST Marty

Co-op Gift Contributor
In regards to the bowl conversation. It doesn't matter who you win/lose to or by how much. The Sun Belt has 5 bowl tie ins and if we're one of the 5 teams that are bowl eligible, we'll be selected.

If the Sun Belt ends up with more bowl eligible teams than bowls available, then you're hoping for an at large or to be selected by one of the Sun Belt bowls over another bowl eligible sun belt team. What it comes down to them is away game attendance, distance to the bowl, and other political factors. We saw that when we were 7-5 and got passed over for a 6-6 USA team and a 7-5 Arkansas State team that we dominated.
One of the previous podcast we discussed how the University learned lessons from getting passed up in the past by not doing their part providing data to the bowl committees. This is one of the areas I feel like they have improved on the past few years - now we just need the 6-6 record

Seth (Loco)

M&G Gift Contributor
Taking a listen now.

4 TO's is pretty bad lol

4 TO’s is bad, but I think you also need to look at overall turnover battle. A&M ultimately won the battle +2 because of bad throws or WR not being where they should have been. The two TO we forced were arguably worse turnovers with them being on the goal line.

dshedd14

Great podcast guys, thoroughly enjoyed it. My only request is to make it available on iTunes for those who don't use spotify on a regular basis

Seth (Loco)

M&G Gift Contributor
You can find us on Podbean, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and most recently Spotify. Are there any other major players in the podcast game we should upload to?