2019 Preview: The Offense

Bobkat34

Good write up. If we were to consider redshirt of Vitt, why not do/ask that of say a senior LB like say Graham or even Hines as neither used their redshirt and they would have a solid chance to start next season? I know its your opinion but unless there is valid rumors that this is something being considered, its all speculation.

I like your optimism and I didn't take into account some of your points on the OL continuously changing, the use of 2 QBs, the lack of play calling options, and expected adjustments with new offense (less TE use in old ways but still use in run game and possibly pass game, ways to get RBs more opportunities to get additional yardage by spreading defense out, but one area you didn't cover is those pesky quick (Amendola/Welker) types that we may use be it Twyford, Sheread, or even White or if Jantz plays. This may be one of the more effective ways to get yardage that many spread teams have used in the past be it those listed or Clemson used their short quick WR the last 2-3 years (forgot his name) or how TT/WV has done in too in the past.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Funny you should mention the Twyford/Sheread point. I almost included another couple points about different ways we may get Twyford for the ball. Whether it's jet sweeps, reverses, or other types of rushing and screen plays. I definitely think that's likely moving into next season.

Also, to your point about speculation, yes it's all speculation on my part. I haven't heard any rumors to confirm any of this.