2019 Starters

CatMom

We may actually have a somewhat decent chance of making FGs and PATs this year with UT grad transfer Rowland. He isn't Will Johnson but he did fairly well in the B12. Anything is better than the full on crap show we've had the past 3 years.

LABobcat

I like the “idea” of going into CS and “playing our game.” But when you’re in a contest that is clearly a total mismatch, it’s kinda hard to “play your game” when the other fella is “blowing it up” every play.
I really hope that it’s not as one sided as I fear it may be, and that we can actually “run our game.” But at this point, I’m not overly optimistic about this one, just want us to get out of there healthy, and hope they spell the name of the Universiry correctly on the check.
I think getting out healthy and not giving Wyoming much on film are the top 2 priorities. Play vanilla on both sides of the ball, maybe let our starters play a little against their 2nd string, but get our reserves in by the 4th quarter also. I'd save the best schemes and plays to increase our chances of winning week 2, even if that means losing by 40 or more week 1. Every game after week 1 is winnable, week 1 is not.

Bobkat34

Here is what I've learned over the years of watching football... coaches don't want to show their weakness over showing their strengths. Best example is most of the years Sumlin's Aggies would win a game vs. Arkansas but in that game it showed the ways to beat A&M whether it was a strong run game, misdirection and use of TEs, or the lack of coverage DBs. Others would then us it to beat them.

In a game vs. A&M, there really is not much that another team can take away unless we are just that bad on defense or offense for that matter because of the talent A&M will put on the field will not be comparable to ANY Sunbelt team and yes.... A&M will have some big holes to fill with 4* and 5* guys.

We need to play our game and play to attack their weaknesses so yes, you should expect to see screens, misdirection, RPOs, and other formations to see what we learn about our team. I don't expect to throw the "kitchen sink" at A&M but they aren't going to hold back unless the game gets away. That should be expected.