2022 Recruiting: Offers, Commits, De-Commits, etc.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Wonder what he's going to be doing in the meantime, because his hudl says 2021 and maxpreps has him as graduated.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
Wonder what he's going to be doing in the meantime, because his hudl says 2021 and maxpreps has him as graduated.

I wonder if its a blue/grey shirt situation. Count him against the next class? I'm not super read up on how basketball recruiting works.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
Think ‘22. Obviously different info out there but this video shows ‘22 and the article from March about playoffs call him a junior.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high-school/article/Clark-s-run-ends-with-loss-to-Westlake-in-Class-16005141.php

“Jordan Mason scored Clark’s first four points after sinking a floater and a pair of free throws on the following possession. The junior finished with a team-high 16 points and two rebounds.”

Sounds like it's time to get a new thread going then

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
So three commits already and all Texas high schoolers. Basketball Early Signing period is Nov 10-17. Ranks in Texas from what I could find below. Losing for sure Shelby Adams (W) and Isiah Small (F). Will be more but who know who transfers/uses COVID year.

247GASOTexas 100
Shawn Jones W/F263531
Davion Sykes W/F374049
Jordan Mason GNR4185

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
I have no idea how to judge these commits. Is this good for us? It seems like more highschool kids than transfer that I think we had seen a lot of ... Is that good?

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I dig it. I feel like we've been a bit too reliant on JUCO transfers the last half decade or so. If you look at our best two players to come through here during the Kaspar/Johnson era so far it's been Kavin Gilder-Tilbury and Nijal Pearson. Both were 4-year Texas HS players. And our best current player (Mason Harrell) was a HS recruit also. Shawn Jones is probably the highest rated recruit we've had in some 15 years. Excited about him for sure.