2023-2024 Deer Season

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Starting this to get the juices flowing. Anyone else like me behind on filling feeders and setting cameras. I drew an archery mule deer tag in Nevada this year that was brutally tough and resulted in tag soup. Taking a break to recoup before cranking it up in Texas. Hopefully I can get back on the winning track. I don’t have game pics but here are some scenery pics from Nevada. 496349644965

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Those are some gorgeous views.

Last edited:

GolfCat

Sorry about the "tag soup". But, it looks like beautiful place to hunt.

Was down a couple weekends ago. Trimmed some shooting lanes around some bow blinds and walkways to rifle blinds along with some overhanging limbs on some roads. Still have more to do but waiting on a module to arrive for the battery powered Stihl pole saw. Also, sprayed the bow blinds for spiders and other creepy crawlies. Didn't sit at any blinds but did see a few 160's at the house feeder while sitting on the back porch. Don't run game cameras. It was dry but at least this year we have plenty of grass thanks to the spring rains. The grass is like straw but it's thick thanks to no cows. At least the fawns have had a place to somewhat hide. Unlike last year when the country was pretty bare and the survival rate was looooowwwww.

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Yeah it was pretty but tough tough country. Spring Blizzards killed a lot of the bucks up in high elevations so it set the unit back 4-5 years. The original plan was to hunt deer and scout for elk. Luckily I found quite a few bull elk. Also tag soup doesn’t hurt that bad. I’ve had a pretty successful spring and summer with bow so can’t complain. I was bound to hit a wall hahah

Jive Turkey

M&G Gift Contributor
Starting this to get the juices flowing. Anyone else like me behind on filling feeders and setting cameras. I drew an archery mule deer tag in Nevada this year that was brutally tough and resulted in tag soup. Taking a break to recoup before cranking it up in Texas. Hopefully I can get back on the winning track. I don’t have game pics but here are some scenery pics from Nevada. View attachment 4963View attachment 4964View attachment 4965
Great pics!

GolfCat

WOW, PG!!! One hell of a deer. Awesome gesture by your boss. Y'all hiring? :D :D
I'm not good when it comes to putting a number on deer like that but I'd venture to guess somewhere in the 240-250 range. My initial guess was 247 but I'm probably wayyyyy off.
Congratulations on a stud.

Texican

M&G Collective Member
If we could find a decent place to hunt morning of games that’d be awesome.

anyone know of a lease within an hour preferably towards Houston?