2023-24 Sun Belt

franslasttwinkie

Conversely, the university has to keep paying him another $450K over the next 13 months to get that $300K drop in buyout. Money has a time value and this may be the time to stop the bleeding.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Watching UTA and Tarleton in the WAC semis is a little depressing (granted we made the semis). Both well over .500 records. We beat a 19-13 UTA at their place. A 21-12 Sam at their place. Played fucking Will Wade and McNeese and lost (they are 30-3 and in the tourney). Lost to Little Rock who went 21-12. Southern Utah looks to be the only bad non conference loss.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I’ll be the sunshine guy and say Sykes at the 3/4 spot was 1-11 from 3 along with a 66% FT shooter. Mason was 18-61 (<30%) from 3 and a 40% shooter at 2 pointers. Mason was about as inefficient as it gets when TJ made him the iso player to create his own shot and Sykes couldn’t stretch the floor. Now I’d take both back, but please add guys who can make shots. Do Morgan and Drinnon get medical years and are playing next season?

Youdude07

I’ll be the sunshine guy and say Sykes at the 3/4 spot was 1-11 from 3 along with a 66% FT shooter. Mason was 18-61 (<30%) from 3 and a 40% shooter at 2 pointers. Mason was about as inefficient as it gets when TJ made him the iso player to create his own shot and Sykes couldn’t stretch the floor. Now I’d take both back, but please add guys who can make shots. Do Morgan and Drinnon get medical years and are playing next season?
Yes Drinnon and Morgan are both coming back in medical redshirt according to Colton McWilliams of the SMDR. It will only be a Bandaid fix though. They will need to find people to replace them the following season. Unless by some miracle he can get one or both Sykes and Mason to return. Long shot but the grass isn't alway greener.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I’m not worried about the following year. We need to win now. Drinnon and Morgan are a good start. I would have said they are the two most important players at the start of the year and they played a combined less than two complete games between them. Drinnon was already in the top 10 oldest player for this past season. He may be the eldest in the entire country coming up.

txst2399

Looks like Arkansas State should cruise through the Sun Belt next year with all of their new transfer portal additions. Their new coach is doing it right while we are one of the handful of teams picking through junior college players with no other offers or D1 experience transfers who would make an instant impact. Hopefully some of our guys who entered the portal come back next season.

Attachments