2023 NFL Draft

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I saw on twitter that Levi Bell got picked up by the Ravens but haven't seen anything about him on any of the UDFA lists I've seen.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
Why do guys get signed and waived so fast? Like, not asking talent wise, but more process wise. WTH can a NFL team see this quickly that they didn't see 2 weeks ago?

Bobcat1

Why do guys get signed and waived so fast? Like, not asking talent wise, but more process wise. WTH can a NFL team see this quickly that they didn't see 2 weeks ago?

You’d be amazed how much you can see when you have direct access to a player’s habits and work ethic. That’s why both Withers & Spavital closed their practices late in their tenures. Because you can hide bad decision making or player deficiencies without prying eyes.

I’ve learned the last month or so how effective NFL scouting and coaching can weed out overhyped prospects on a dime.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
You’d be amazed how much you can see when you have direct access to a player’s habits and work ethic. That’s why both Withers & Spavital closed their practices late in their tenures. Because you can hide bad decision making or player deficiencies without prying eyes.

I’ve learned the last month or so how effective NFL scouting and coaching can weed out overhyped prospects on a dime.
Now this is contributing to the board.

I just don't get it with all the testing, analysis and tools they have these days. I guess getting signed as a Free Agent is basically just an invite to Rookie Mini-camp which basically an extended try-out?

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Now this is contributing to the board.

I just don't get it with all the testing, analysis and tools they have these days. I guess getting signed as a Free Agent is basically just an invite to Rookie Mini-camp which basically an extended try-out?
No, there is a difference between getting signed as an UDFA and getting a rookie minicamp invite, an UDFA will usually make it to fall camp.