2023 PostSeaston

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
25% is your winning %
50% is your opponents' winning %
25% is your opponents' opponents' winning %

More weight given to road wins, less to home wins.

A team's RPI is a sum of three values: 25% of the team's winning percentage, 50% of its opponents' average winning percentage (strength of schedule), and 25% of its opponents' opponents' average winning percentage (opponents' strength of schedule). Only results against teams which are in NCAA Division I are counted in all of these winning percentages.

On December 2004, NCAA changed the way it calculates the RPI, giving more weight to playing and winning games on the road. They announced that the new formula will still use the 25-50-25 ratio as it has since 1994, but that all road wins are treated as 1.4 wins, all road losses are treated as 0.6 losses, all home wins are worth 0.6 wins and all home losses are valued at 1.4 losses. Games in neutral sites still counts as 1.

Last edited:

franslasttwinkie

Not that volleyball RPI has any correlation whatsoever with softball RPI but volleyball RPI as it currently stands is nearly identical to that of the gal's softball team RPI before their conference tournament was played and softball got selected as the last team in.

geezer

25% is your winning %
50% is your opponents' winning %
25% is your opponents' opponents' winning %

More weight given to road wins, less to home wins.

A team's RPI is a sum of three values: 25% of the team's winning percentage, 50% of its opponents' average winning percentage (strength of schedule), and 25% of its opponents' opponents' average winning percentage (opponents' strength of schedule). Only results against teams which are in NCAA Division I are counted in all of these winning percentages.

On December 2004, NCAA changed the way it calculates the RPI, giving more weight to playing and winning games on the road. They announced that the new formula will still use the 25-50-25 ratio as it has since 1994, but that all road wins are treated as 1.4 wins, all road losses are treated as 0.6 losses, all home wins are worth 0.6 wins and all home losses are valued at 1.4 losses. Games in neutral sites still counts as 1.
Thanks, LTK5H, appreciate the help.

franslasttwinkie

CCU just barely left out right around where TXST's rpi was last season. I have to wonder if CCU had won the CCG that maybe South would have been 4th team in as an at large

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
They went instantly. That venue holds 4000 and Texas has a ton of season ticket holders*, so there were only scraps leftover. I'm shocked/pissed/notreallysurprised that TXST didn't have any available via allotment.

We can thank the UT/aTm rivalry for the generous seeding. We should have been the 4 in the region and matched up w/ Texas, but the committee made sure that the Horns and Aggies got their game in.

RPI for the Texas Regional:
6 Texas
24 SMU
37 Texas A&M
39 Texas State

*trying to get the actual number from my friend who runs their fan/ticket groups on FB.
whoah:

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
They went instantly. That venue holds 4000 and Texas has a ton of season ticket holders*, so there were only scraps leftover. I'm shocked/pissed/notreallysurprised that TXST didn't have any available via allotment.

We can thank the UT/aTm rivalry for the generous seeding. We should have been the 4 in the region and matched up w/ Texas, but the committee made sure that the Horns and Aggies got their game in.

6 Texas
24 SMU
37 Texas A&M
39 Texas State

*trying to get the actual number from my friend who runs their fan/ticket groups on FB.
whoah:
View attachment 5956
I was able to buy 2 single tickets. 1 around 1105 and a other just now.
Trying for 2 more.

franslasttwinkie

6 Texas
24 SMU
37 Texas A&M
39 Texas State
Sucks to have to play in Texas buzzsaw regional again. Would have rather been Hawaii paired in Eugene. Baylor got a pretty good get being paired with JMU and UK. USA, however, got by far the best draw of SBC teams.

#8 Oregon
#27 ISU
#49 Hawaii
#84 SELA