2023 Recruiting: Offers, Commits, De-Commits, etc.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Links to the juco guys stats. Don’t see Collier has signed, so maybe a walk-on spot, but his twitter says he’s a commit.

Auston Eaton 3B

Matthew Tippie RHP

Ian Collier C

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
#7. No Twitter announcement yet but Trout posted his "Eat 'em Up" tweet which indicates a new commit and PG has him listed as committed: Ethan Farris from Cy Woods. Listed as primarily a SS/3B but can play about anywhere it looks like including OF and pitches some in HS. Rated a 9 by perfect game: "Potential Top 10 round pick and/or highest level college prospect". So he's very highly rated. He's big (6'5" 210) so something tells me we'll see him in a corner infield spot or OF based solely on his size alone.

Short PG write-up:
Ethan Farris is a 2023 SS/RHP, 3B, IF, OF with a 6-5 210 lb. frame from Cypress, TX who attends Cypress Woods. Ethan has a great frame to work with. Ethan shows athleticism on the defensive corners, good footwork and solid glove play. Offensively Ethan shows tremendous power and ability to not only hit balls hard but drive them all over the field. Ethan was named to the 2022 Sunshine South top prospect list.

Edit:
And there's the tweet:

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Baseballnut’s comment on the off-season about a couple more juco arms that are committed made me look into it. Holbrook and Lugo I couldn’t find a tweet but their profile shows Texas State and followed by the staff

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
#7. No Twitter announcement yet but Trout posted his "Eat 'em Up" tweet which indicates a new commit and PG has him listed as committed: Ethan Farris from Cy Woods. Listed as primarily a SS/3B but can play about anywhere it looks like including OF and pitches some in HS. Rated a 9 by perfect game: "Potential Top 10 round pick and/or highest level college prospect". So he's very highly rated. He's big (6'5" 210) so something tells me we'll see him in a corner infield spot or OF based solely on his size alone.

Baseballnut

We’ve added two players from the transfer portal in the past two weeks. 1 is an infielder from the north who led his team with a 325 avg., 19 2B and 9 HR. The other is a RHP from a Big 12 school that had a 2.21 era and throws in the mid 90’s. Both are very good pickups and have 1 year of eligibility.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Keep ‘em coming, nut. I’ve already added the portal IF and now found the pitcher. Posted in off-season thread

geezer

#5. San Antonio Johnson SS Ryne Farber.

This was from back in late April but I missed it. If he's anything like the last SS we got from Johnson then its a great get...

Rated an 8 by perfect game (Potential draft pick and/or excellent college prospect). Still pretty small so hopefully he achieves some growth by the time he gets to campus, but Shuffield was pretty tiny when he first showed up too:

Ryne Farber is a 2023 SS/RHP with a 5-10 150 lb. frame from San Antonio, TX who attends Johnson. Medium frame with slender, athletic build; ran 60 yard dash in 6.85 seconds. Switch-hitter, showed well from left side in game, drove a few balls on a line with projectable power, postures well and stays connected, rides the barrel and has bat speed, showed solid skills from right side as well with whole-field approach and loose hands. Showed well in the infield, hands clean out front with bounce and athleticism to movements, stays balanced, clean lower slot release with accuracy and developing arm strength. Also pitched, short arm stroke stabbed through apex, fastball worked 75-80 mph with good arm side life, showed curveball with sweep and depth, also flashed changeup. Excellent student, named to 2020 National Underclass South Top Prospect List.

Met this young man this weekend, his parents seats are next to ours in the stadium.
Really impressed with his demeanor and attitude. It will be interesting to see if he can win a spot in the infield. I forget who the incumbent is at 2nd base. I told him if he can win the shortstop position, he will REALLY contribute to the team!

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Met this young man this weekend, his parents seats are next to ours in the stadium.
Really impressed with his demeanor and attitude. It will be interesting to see if he can win a spot in the infield. I forget who the incumbent is at 2nd base. I told him if he can win the shortstop position, he will REALLY contribute to the team!
Second base is Chase Mora.. although I think he was recruited as a pitcher before Tommy John so who knows where he’ll play next year

geezer

Second base is Chase Mora.. although I think he was recruited as a pitcher before Tommy John so who knows where he’ll play next year
Whoops, having a senior moment, I thought at the time that Chase was our shortstop last year!
Who was SS last year? I will ask about pitching when I see him next, we can always use another arm.