2023 SunBelt Conference Matches

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
TXST (7-4/0-0) vs LA Monroe (4-10/0-0)
6:00 start Thursday, ESPN+ broadcast here: link, Livestats here: link
6:00 start Friday, Livestats here: link

Sorry sportsfans, I am swamped at work today and shouldn't even be taking the time to write this, but duty calls... Anyway, we've won 22 straight vs the Warhawks and should win these 2. I'll do better next week - promise!

geezer

Yes, Ladies took care of business last night. Ryan was back and looked good. The surprise was Maggie Walsh who led the team in kills. Didn't see KJ, #17 at all. I hope she's not injured. Guess that's why Emma was playing and getting the sets.

Last edited:

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
At my 1st match of the year. Hard not to like Wunsch - she’s….animated!

Walsh wearing #2 this season

Ortega playing L

Jethroe playing in Hanner’s spot - curious.

25-22 Cats, 1-0

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Playing sloppy

Pharris in for Torres

12-8 ULM, TO Cats

Walsh is our best player. She does everything well.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
TXST (9-4/2-0) vs James Madison (9-4/2-0)

5:00 start Thursday, ESPN+ broadcast here: link, Livestats here: link
5:00 start Friday, ESPN+ broadcast here: link, Livestats here: link

Our Bobcats are 3-2 vs the Dukes lifetime, but 1-2 against them last year, splitting in SMTX, but falling in the Finals of the Sun Belt Championships. JMU went on to be swept by BYU in the 1st round of the NCAAs. JMU has already played the schedule of a team that expects greatness this year - 4 ranked teams, with a win over #22 Western Kentucky, pushing #7 Oregon to 5 and taking a set from #14 Penn State.

The Dukes look a lot like the recent vintage Bobcats, bringing back 8 of their top 10 scorers from last season, including 1-4. They bring back the Coach of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, 2 First Team All SBC players and a 2nd Teamer. Their 2 top OH are only 5'10", but their S is 6' and the RS is 6'3". Both MB are 6'1". Height wise, that's a pretty good matchup for us everywhere but S. Need the net defense to step up big time.

Last edited: