2023 SunBelt Conference Matches

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Dang it! Ryan isn't setting good enough. 24-25,gotta get 2 or we're off to a 5th set.
I thought she looked really good when we got her the ball. When she has to go get that 2nd touch, not quite so much. I also think they need to help her out on shitty passes and closest calls it - making her run through someone elses's zone to make a bad set is dumb. If I were to criticize her tonight, it was poorly timed dumps - she hit -.500 tonight compared to .455 last night. I'd also like her to set the M more, but I don't know how much of that is her vs gameplan.

Hate to harp on Maggie so much, but she's really the key piece in this team's success. She comes in front left in serve receive, then goes to serve on the sideout and play back row 3 rotations while KJ is up front, then comes out for Sophie for 2 rotations. When she comes in front left, we need to get out of that rotation immediately, as it's our shortest, and weakest both offensively and defensively, with Hanner and Wunsch on the sideline, and the setter on the front row, so only 2 hitters. When Maggie hits like she did that 6 game stretch, and tonight - .357, we're going to advance rotation into our stronger lineups, and be more successful. When we get caught in that rotation like we did last night, it's tough to get out of, because our biggest arms are in the back row (KJ) and sideline (Sam & Bailey).

This is what it looks like when she's on, like she was tonight:

and that rotation came up at the very end of the match as well - maggie scored, and then I think she got subbed out for Ryann to serve out the match

Last night: .064 and 7 attack errors
Tonight: .357 and 0 attack errors

Last edited:

geezer

I agree with that excellent synapses, LTK5H. My internet feed is so blurry at times that I can't see the numbers on the jersey, so I sometimes miss Maggie's excellent play.

I was frustrated with Ryan's sets that seemed either too close, too high or too far away from the net for a particular hitter. Mick was pointing this out at times during the broadcast. Too close seemed to happen with a lot of errors.
Of course, as you pointed out, a lot of that related to the receiver's pass.