2024 Baseball Non-Conference

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Cats win the season opener 20-2.

If I have to complain about something 4 walks in 4 IP is too many for a Friday night guy, but Eaton only gave up a single hit.

Newcomers looked great offensively. Lugo, Collier, Pugh, Thompson all homer in their Bobcat debuts. Every homer earned tonight too. At least the first 3 were 400+. No late spring wind-aided homers like we sometimes get late in the year. Like I said in the other thread, I'm cautiously optimistic we will actually be a better club offensively this year. Feel even better about that possibility now.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Yea this team should be better offensively than last season. Gonzalez is a huge bat to lose but for whatever reason McClain and Lewis were not good in their final year with both being sub .700 ops guys. Then Hernandez moved on in the portal and he had the worst numbers of anyone that got meaningful playing time.

Was hoping Eaton would dominate. The single was a swinging bunt and can't remember anything hit that hard off of him, but wish he was more dominant in the K:BB numbers.

Benesh was the only offensive guy not to play and he had nine starts last year. Farber moved to SS when they took Powell out, so likely a sign of where they see Farber next season. I thought the relievers looked decent outside of Burke not being able to throw his off-speed over the plate. Have to think the higher leverage guys didn't throw tonight.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member

Won't make back to States in time for the tournament in Houston. Tickets for sale at cost.

HisBoyElroy

The Sunbelt this year should have enough quality teams with high RPIs that a 3rd or 4th place finish should be enough to get a tourney bid.