Bobcat ballpark Ideas

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
I know we all know about the ballpark expansion coming up along 3rd base line and for those of you that don’t crawl out of that rock you’re living under. But this is just for any other future expansions you’d like to see at the park. (When needed)
I for one would like to close in the 1st base line all the way up to the opponent's bullpen to get some drunken student chatter going.
Option 1)
Maybe wrap around extra seats above and around West’s caboose suite. This option horribly drew below
2) Or maybe move the caboose into that niche to cleanly extend seating out…. Maybe add another bathroom/additional concessions under stands with that option.

Attachments

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
In either of those scenarios I would like to see more chair backs added to current seating area.
another idea I had for that niche by opponent dugout would be just to get an additional caboose and have two of those suites over there and party deck that area out

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
My season tickets are 1st row behind opponents dugout. They kinda suck because I have to walk up stairs and then back down. They seem like an add-on so I normally just grab an empty seat elsewhere. Exception was vs UT when I was talking mad crap. My nephew got one of UT's coaches to "paper, rock, scissor" him for a game ball.

franslasttwinkie

Something for young children to do besides running up and down the bleachers slamming their shins as hard as they can. I know it pisses my toddlers off into an uncontrollable belligerent rage that they can’t use the caboose suite as their own playground.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
My season tickets are 1st row behind opponents dugout. They kinda suck because I have to walk up stairs and then back down. They seem like an add-on so I normally just grab an empty seat elsewhere. Exception was vs UT when I was talking mad crap. My nephew got one of UT's coaches to "paper, rock, scissor" him for a game ball.
Yeah I know what you mean, before I got my season tickets 2 years ago, I would sit in a friend of a friends season tickets a lot stanford regional year above our dugout and had to do the same thing. Up down up down. Kinda sucked. Now I’m a few rows in front of press box. Not ashamed to say I used to elevator a couple times on Sunday going back up 😂

Renegade11

Unfortunately there isn’t much room for expansion at the baseball/softball complex. I would like to see them add a patio deck, kinda like the caboose, behind the left field wall between the baseball and soft ball field.

This would add a new vantage point for both fields and be a fun area to catch home runs or foul balls

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Unfortunately there isn’t much room for expansion at the baseball/softball complex. I would like to see them add a patio deck, kinda like the caboose, behind the left field wall between the baseball and soft ball field.

This would add a new vantage point for both fields and be a fun area to catch home runs or foul balls

View attachment 6510
Yes I like that idea as well. Hell wouldn’t mind an entire boardwalk around the outfield

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Isn't that where the new baseball facility is going? I believe it will have some seats as well per the renderings.

TXST04

Welcome to the party Renegade11,

Love the idea for the Left field patio deck. Would have been cool to have the Caboose placed there so that it could be used for both BB & SB.

Wonder if the Caboose suite eventually gets removed or replaced by the hospitality suite planned.

franslasttwinkie

By my count the rendition of the 3rd baseline seating would add somewhere between 150-175 in additional seating. Does stink if we ever had the need to increase official ballpark seating capacity to 4K it would probably have to be at a different location and I don't see that ever happening with throwing money at the current complex.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Welcome to the party Renegade11,

Love the idea for the Left field patio deck. Would have been cool to have the Caboose placed there so that it could be used for both BB & SB.

Wonder if the Caboose suite eventually gets removed or replaced by the hospitality suite planned.
View attachment 6513
I think Jim West personally paid for the caboose suite so I don’t see that moving until absolutely necessary. Like the idea of it placed by/on a boardwalk in that area but that would block off traffic to outfield if we ever need seats there

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
By my count the rendition of the 3rd baseline seating would add somewhere between 150-175 in additional seating. Does stink if we ever had the need to increase official ballpark seating capacity to 4K it would probably have to be at a different location and I don't see that ever happening with throwing money at the current complex.
The articles I’ve seen have said it’ll increase capacity by approximately 500. They could always add seating in outfield or shift caboose closer to the opponents bullpen to add in more seats and an additional 2 elevated suites like the rest at bobcat ballpark

stallionjockey

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
This is sad to say…but I’ll be bringing the fam down next weekend for some Bobcat Baseball and will be my first game in the new stadium…we just don’t make it to SM in the Spring enough. Looking forward to it and checking it all out 10 years later
On this topic, anyone have 4 reserved seat backs for Saturday, March 16th they would be willing to trade me some GA football tickets for?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
It was VERY high school, and there was nothing "complex" about it...just 2 fields w/ some bleachers. There was a raggedy hitting cage that looked like it would collapse at any second. Baseball had larger bleacher set up than softball but nothing at all like today. No roof, and I'd bet there wasn't seating for 1000, but that's going off of memory from 30yrs ago. Softball's setup was pitiful.

My memory of those fields is 100% from playing IM games over there, and seeing games/practices as we went to/from games. You can still see the diamond outlines on googlemaps. For reference, none of what you see outside the fences existed back then - no asphalt or crushed granite pathways. There was only 1 equipment shed, and it was over behind CF for baseball iirc.

Ton of great memories playing on those IM fields...

slycat

I think the new stuff was in place by then. Maybe I'm wrong. Hard to remember. But I do remember how crappy it was. I was at the Rice game when we upset them in 2006 and it was the record crowd at the time. That's back before the Big 12 Texas schools would come to SM. Baylor was the first and held a record crowd too before the UT and Aggie games. David Wood was blowing up pitchers back then too.