Bobcat Bonanza

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Who all is going to Bobcat Bonanza this year?

I was able to get off work, so I'll be there. This will be the first year I've made it since like 2013 or something. Looks like they moved it to LBJ ballroom instead of the football stadium.

Bobcat Bonanza - Welcome

slycat

With all the silent auction items being online, we've just stayed home and bought through the website. Figured with everything we have going on now with the collective and trying to grow the website, I'd better start making it a priority to come into town for those bigger events now.
That's a good point. It does make it easy to be online for it. Of course I drove to San Marcos at a later date to pick up what I won but lined it up with a weekend trip to SA.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
Will be there since I receive 4 tickets due to my donor level . Had a very good time last year .
I made it 3 years ago but haven't made it since I've actually had the free tickets. Last year was in Dallas for a funeral and this year it looks like I'll be back overseas for it.

Probably saves me a bit of money by NOT being there for the live auction. It's seems like all my "vacations" the past few years have been from Bobcat Bonanza, FCA, Lead-Off Dinner and the like auctions.

BiggThadd

I’ll be at the Bonanza, I’m sponsoring through Edward Jones.
On another note I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have already signed up and join the collective! We really appreciate the support.

we do need help growing the social media pages on Twitter/X and Instagram.

@golden_nil_

were using the hashtags #GoldenEra and #GoldenAthlete

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Won't make it but will be watching the silent auction
I hope you and everyone else loses the link to the silent auction so I can scoop it all up! ;)

Just kidding, same here, ill be eying those auctions! :)

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member

We had fun at Bobcat Bonanza last night. It was a great event. I hadn't been in several years and really liked the ballroom format. They were able to separate the silent auction, food line, and the main room for the actually event. It all flowed very nicely.

Only negative I had was in regards to the silent auction. Maybe my account wasn't working correctly, but I didn't have a count down for the end of the auction and it closed randomly about an hour after it was supposed to. I feel like they would have raised more cash with a countdown as more people bid last minute and up the prices.

Everything else was great though and I got to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in a while.

This is the only thing I won, but got a good deal on it.

DrewF2001

It was a great time last night, for sure.

The only negative was the silent auction set up. I missed a few items due to not receiving outbid notifications, but I'm sure they went to a good home.

TXST04

Great event, thank you to those who attended and purchased items.
Its also a fun hobby of mine to look back at the auction items and see how the final prices panned out, view the items that didn't sell and id the highest price tag.

Some items ended up as a steal.
#14 Champions Club Level Package​
Value $1,500. Purchased For $800​

Interesting items to note:
  • Texas State Football "EA Sports NCAA 25" Cover Print sold for $500
  • Dinner with TJ expired (went unsold).
  • (2) AD Suite at NRG for SHSU expired
  • Several framed jerseys expired
Highest Priced items
  • $25,000 for #1003 Telluride Mountain Majesty. (Thanks Bill P).
  • $25,000 for #1007 Hunt Historic Y.O. Ranch

Last edited:

DrewF2001

Great event, thank you to those who attended and purchased items.
Its also a fun hobby of mine to look back at the auction items and see how the final prices panned out, view the items that didn't sell and id the highest price tag.

Some items ended up as a steal.
#14 Champions Club Level Package​
Value $1,500. Purchased For $800​

Interesting items to note:
  • Texas State Football "EA Sports NCAA 25" Cover Print sold for $500
  • Dinner with TJ expired (went unsold).
  • (2) AD Suite at NRG for SHSU expired
  • Several framed jerseys expired
Highest Priced items
  • $25,000 for #1003 Telluride Mountain Majesty. (Thanks Bill P).
  • $25,000 for #1007 Hunt Historic Y.O. Ranch
I couldn't pass it up

Attachments