Bobcat Crew

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Some of you may or may not know, but I've registered for classes this spring. I just got an email to my university email account linking to this:

Bobcat Crew - Texas State Athletics (txstatebobcats.com)

Is this new or just something I missed? I'm wondering if this is just for football or a re-invent of the loud crowd. Either way, I'm down to try and figure out how I/we can be involved.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
His linkedin profile has "student section building" as an area of expertise.

It would be nice if he can breathe some life into student interest.

GolfCat

Some of you may or may not know, but I've registered for classes this spring. I just got an email to my university email account linking to this:

Bobcat Crew - Texas State Athletics (txstatebobcats.com)

Is this new or just something I missed? I'm wondering if this is just for football or a re-invent of the loud crowd. Either way, I'm down to try and figure out how I/we can be involved.
Wondering if the Amaya Brown in the link you shared is the same one apparently on "ship" for women's track? I thought the name looked familiar. She was a standout in several sports at Goliad.

B

Bakertxst04

I saw them on Twitter last night and checked them out. Looks like a genuine attempt at jump-starting a new student spirit group.

I hope that this one sticks around longer than Fanatics (98ish-05ish) or Loud Crowd (06ish-12/14ish?). To be fair, I know that the Athletic Dept. never really supported the Fanatics as an extension of the dept. It felt like they were happy to have us cheering and yelling, but didn't want to go out of their way to help our organization.

I want the Athletic Department to take a more active role in trying to get student support. That has been a huge embarrassment for TXST over the 2+ decades I've followed this program. Schools that are smaller than us or were established far more recently than us have better student support for their athletic programs. We have to do a LOT better in this regard if anyone outside of SM is ever going to take us seriously.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Here are a couple of new emails I have received about this. It looks like there are almost 400 students on the email list already.

Bobcat Crew Members,

We are excited to host our first meeting next Monday, Feb. 7th at 7pm in the University Events Center. The meeting will take place in Strahan Arena. When you enter in through the main UEC doors, just continue straight and you can sit in the main floor seats. The meeting will serve as an introductory meeting for the new student organization and will include the upcoming schedule, tailgate information, meeting the other members, and more.

We would love to see all who can make it in attendance. If you are unable to attend, please email Bobcat Crew President, Leslie, at kpq5@txstate.edu. Please let me know if you have any questions.

See you Monday!

Justin Mulloy
Associate Athletics Director | Marketing
Texas State University

Bobcat Crew,

Thank you for all of your support thus far! You have all created a great environment at our basketball games. Tomorrow the Men's and Women's Basketball teams host a doubleheader vs. Coastal Carolina at Strahan Arena! The Women's game begins at 2pm and the Men's game begins at 5pm. We would love to pack the stands for both games. The theme for tomorrow is tie-dye, if you wish to wear something.

The Bobcat Crew tailgate will be located at the Katzengarden area (near the Pep Band and Strutters seating area) where the tv's will be on live sporting events, the bar will be open for beer purchase (for those 21 and over), and games will be supplied while you can watch the pre-game warm-up. The group will be meeting there at 1:30pm before the Women's game and at 4pm in between the Women's and Men's games.

If you have any questions, please let me know. See you tomorrow!

Justin Mulloy
Associate Athletics Director | Marketing
Texas State University

Jecbobcat

Too bad they aren't doing anything to get a travel caravan for the sun belt tourney. Would be cool to get some good student representation there