CrossFit Games

FrisbeeDan.QB1

Dang just saw this post. The games were awesome this year. Would love to connect with people in the Austin area who enjoy crossfit.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
That's certainly one opinion lol.

It's been a while since I posted this and I have calmed down a lot about it, but I was not happy with the new format.

Several of the big name athletes were cut very quickly and before they even got into the events that make crossfit, crossfit.

For example, they eliminated half the field on a pure sprint event. If I wanted to know who the fastest athlete in the world is, I would watch the Olympic sprint events, not the Crossfit Games. I'm fine with that being one of the many events, but not an event that directly eliminates half the field.

I ended up being cool with it, because Frazer and Tia Clair ended up winning, but I think the new format completely ruined what the games used to be about.

FrisbeeDan.QB1

I did not like the timing of the cuts, but it did expose the weakness of a lot of athletes. I think the cut's should be made after a pure benchmark WOD. Give everyone an opportunity. I was excited to see movement throughout the leader boards made for more excitement.

Are you doing the open?

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
All very true. It was definitely more exciting going into the final event with Frazer still needing to perform. Past years have already been locked up and all he had to do was complete it.

There's no way I could compete with anyone in the open though lol

FrisbeeDan.QB1

I was going to to, but had to have emergency surgery so I am out for this year. It's definitely fun to try it even if you scale it.