Day one starter....Ty Evans commits

Bobcat1

I wonder if this means Vitt is done. McBride will still have a shot based on how he improved. But I'd have to think Evans is coming to start.
Probably so, but with both he and McBride having so much experience starting, it’s a good place to be from a QB room standpoint.

Bobcat1

Doesn't look like he ever attempted a snap in 2 years at NC State but that offer list out of HS is impressive. Let the off-season optimism begin!
I think he took a RS year first time out, which helped fix his delivery. We’re benefitting from having a potential 4-year starter the likes we haven’t seen since the Tyler Jones years, if ever. All things being equal, my previous prediction of 10-win seasons and potential rankings in the Top 25 by 2022-2023 is trending the right way. Spavital knows his stuff.

Bobcat1

The third time's the charm...JSpavs third tranfer QB in three years...Whisper Away.
The first two were what was available at the time in a rushed recruiting cycle for him. When you see the offers he’s sent out since his first year, you’ll see it was only a matter of time before we landed someone of this caliber at QB.

Artycat

M&G Collective Member
The first two were what was available at the time....
With all due respect, the Stitt/Jenson combo was hardly a rush decision and neither was McBride (who JSpav was reallly excited about...he was the new Johnny Football).
All I'm saying is that the prove will be in the pudding, I wish Evans all the best at TX St.

carmanjello325

Guess Spav isn’t quite the Bradiologist that we thought he was. We shouldn’t have been so naïve to think Jake was all in on the bride tribe

LSU Bobcat

Highest ranked QB commit ever for TxSt, ranked 18th nationally. Also highest rated commit at any position ever. Now do y’all give Spavital his due as a QB whisperer!? We just signed a recruit that had offers from ALABAMA, MICHIGAN, and A&M, among others!! 👏🏼👏🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Man. You dropped Vitt like a bad habit. :(

And a QB whisperer is someone that can teach and have a QB progress. McBride showed some of that, but we're still waiting on the full on whisperer.

Bobcat1

Man. You dropped Vitt like a bad habit. :(

And a QB whisperer is someone that can teach and have a QB progress. McBride showed some of that, but we're still waiting on the full on whisperer.
Not even close, I still think he beats out McBride for the backup role if McBride doesn’t transfer outright.

franslasttwinkie

One doesn’t have to look back very far into bobcat history to be hesitant to declare anyone a day 1. Rooting against another “highly sought” after Arndt, hoping for a Nealy, expecting a TJ/George

Baseballnut

Some of you guys are unreal! He was highly recruited out of high school, apparently highly recruited as a transfer and you go anoint Evans as the savior as soon as he commits!? Yes I’m exited to get him, but what I want to see is him come in and compete with the other QB’s and let’s see who wins the job! If he wins the job great! If McBride wins it great. It is asinine to judge the team on January 3rd.

Bobcat1

Some of you guys are unreal! He was highly recruited out of high school, apparently highly recruited as a transfer and you go anoint Evans as the savior as soon as he commits!? Yes I’m exited to get him, but what I want to see is him come in and compete with the other QB’s and let’s see who wins the job! If he wins the job great! If McBride wins it great. It is asinine to judge the team on January 3rd.
Everyone anointed McBride (and they still do) as our savior for two years now even when he hadn’t played a down in years and even now that we’ve seen he’s extremely inefficient against tougher competition and turnover prone.

Yeah, I’ll go out on a limb and say that a guy who had an offer from Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh will be able to win the starting job here. 🤷🏻‍♂️

LSU Bobcat

Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh
Oh good God. You actually think he had a committable offer from Bama and michigan, just to end up with.......NC State?! The guy played through an MCL tear in high school and apparently dealt with injuries at NC state.

I'll take the guy that's been in the current offense for 2 years over the guy that was 3rd or 4th string at NC State with just a spring practice behind him here.

Bobcat1

Oh good God. You actually think he had a committable offer from Bama and michigan, just to end up with.......NC State?! The guy played through an MCL tear in high school and apparently dealt with injuries at NC state.

I'll take the guy that's been in the current offense for 2 years over the guy that was 3rd or 4th string at NC State with just a spring practice behind him here.

You really think an offer at Memphis as the 61st QB was better than offers from Alabama, Michigan, A&M, Arizona State, Colorado, NCST, Northwestern, South Carolina, etc etc etc and was ranked 18th/23rd in the nation?

Even by your logic, Vitt is a better choice than McBride because he’s been in the system two ACTUAL years (McBride has been in the system 1 year, he didn’t touch a football at TxSt until Jan 2020) AND beat out McBride halfway through the season until he dislocated his wrist.

Yes, I think Evans had his choice of P5 schools and chose the one he had the best chance at competing for immediate playing time until he got injured. And yes, I think an 88 rated QB can win a competition against an 81 rated streaky QB. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

LSU Bobcat

Wow. So you ACTUALLY think he had committable offers from most of those schools? Same school that had 5* bryce young committed?

And yes. Right now I'd take Vitt over evans. We don't even know how healthy evans is.