Game Thread - @ South Alabama

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Does anyone else feel like this kind of validates last years championship since we didnt have to play half of the conference to win it last year?

gatorcat

M&G Collective Member
Does anyone else feel like this kind of validates last years championship since we didnt have to play half of the conference to win it last year?
Good point but we won fair and square. Everyone was in the same boat.

Bullcat

This team cemented its status as one of the great Bobcat MBB teams by winning the regular season championship on the road against a very good South Alabama team. The trajectory of the program has made it hard to fly under the radar. Four twenty-win seasons in the last six years. This program has gone from the hunter to the hunted which Terrence Johnson has managed well to this point. Team goals have been accomplished, but do not lose sight of the March goal.

This team is in line to carry on the unfinished business of the 2019-20 season. The Bobcats dominant win over App St. (85-68) was the beginning of a run through the conference tournament. The pandemic ended that team's season early and I believe that the current team can complete the deal.

Last edited:

franslasttwinkie

After we won volleyball regular season and conference tourney last fall I didn't think I could be more proud of the program after just having advanced to the 2nd round the prior spring up until now!!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Good point but we won fair and square. Everyone was in the same boat.
Except that's not entirely true. We won fair and square according to the criteria set by the conference, but the east was not in the same boat as us. There were two different boats.
This title will definitely add credibility to the last, but this one is much more special imo because it IS indisputable.

slycat

I think TJ is on some radars right now but will be on more interesting radars if they win the tournament and make a decent showing in March.

I think back to this team beating LSU at the half. They have shown they can hang with good team (predicted 6-7 seed). Now to pull it off.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
TJ is a professional that doesn't have anything on his mind other than the next task at hand (win the conference tournament). I hope Don is already drawing up an extension, but should we lose TJ I hope there are a lot of interested coaches who would be willing to step in.