Group of 5 Guys Podcast Ep. 36 UTSA and Texas State

Bobcat1

My man, Johnny Football partied. Vince Young, partied. Our man of faith, Timmy Tebow, was out with the Pouncey bros and A-Hernandez clubbing during their time at UF. College kids party. I graduated TXST magna cum laude… I partied hard. Didn’t take away from my dedication at all. Just that phase of life. It’s a weak argument.
Yeah, but all those guys were NFL talents who could get away with it in college. We don’t have a team of Vince Young’s or Johnny Manziel who can afford to get by on talent alone. We are a 4-7 team who loses to UIWs of the world trying to turn the proverbial ship around.

There’s a reason why NFL scouts get into EVERY aspect of a prospect’s life, including extracurricular activities. Games aren’t won in September/October, they’re won in July & August. If you’re “trying to get serious in Fall Camp”, you’re already two months behind the eight ball.

vp98

So did they go out and get completely shitfaced or did they just go out. Do they go out and do that every night or just this one or a few nights.

Bobcat1

So did they go out and get completely shitfaced or did they just go out. Do they go out and do that every night or just this one or a few nights.
The way the podcast guys made it sound, they knew their way around the square really well. They knew everyone, all the bars, & were given VIP front of the line access. Take it as you may. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
It's the offseason and they're college students. I couldn't do it now, but when I was 21 it wasn't that hard to stay up all night and work 8 hours the next day. You recover a lot quicker at that age. lol

As long as they aren't abusing alcohol/binge drinking multiple times a week and it's not going on during the season (save maybe the night of a big win) I don't see the big deal.

vp98

The way the podcast guys made it sound, they knew their way around the square really well. They knew everyone, all the bars, & were given VIP front of the line access. Take it as you may. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sounds like they were treated the way they deserve to be treated. Doesn't sound like they were irresponsible in any way. If they were at Alabama forget the square, they would have exclusive bars with more food, beer, and women than any of us could ever imagine.

Bobcat1

It's the offseason and they're college students. I couldn't do it now, but when I was 21 it wasn't that hard to stay up all night and work 8 hours the next day. You recover a lot quicker at that age. lol

As long as they aren't abusing alcohol/binge drinking multiple times a week and it's not going on during the season (save maybe the night of a big win) I don't see the big deal.
Fair. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bobcat1

Sounds like they were treated the way they deserve to be treated. Doesn't sound like they were irresponsible in any way. If they were at Alabama forget the square, they would have exclusive bars with more food, beer, and women than any of us could ever imagine.
Don’t say that too loud around Saban, just ask Jimbo. 😏

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
I would honestly disown them as a Texas State team if they didn’t know their way around the square.

vp98

I would honestly disown them as a Texas State team if they didn’t know their way around the square.
Turns out, they were just showing the Group of Five Guys around. The GOFG's said that as they woke up hungover, the same guys who showed them around were up on a Saturday working out and practicing. Ahh, the benefits of being a 21 yr. old.

Last edited: