In season accolades…

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I'm trying to think of a time when BC1 has ever contributed anything of note to this board. I literally cant think of any instance. I mean I guess most of us don't do anything but add to conversation but few are this ridiculously obtuse. I suppose I should just block the dude but that seems childish af and I guess i
at some level the terrible takes are entertaining.

Happy hour has been good to me lol

Bobcat1

I'm trying to think of a time when BC1 has ever contributed anything of note to this board. I literally cant think of any instance. I mean I guess most of us don't do anything but add to conversation but few are this ridiculously obtuse. I suppose I should just block the dude but that seems childish af and I guess i
at some level the terrible takes are entertaining.

Happy hour has been good to me lol
You prob can’t see straight, so of course you can’t think of anything. But then again, it’s probably the same when you’re sober.

Colt Golden

Some folks did say he was one of the best, and they were right by many objective measures.
I just can't stop on this one.

By many other objective measures, he was not. Yds per carry and broken tackles. PFF has him as tied for the 93rd spot among halfbacks. His pass block and run block ratings brought his overall score down. Just looking at his run grade (by far his best attribute) he still has 62 FBS backs in front of him. Add in guys like Lan Larison, Julius Loughridge, Marcus Yarns, and Hope Adebayo from the FCS and he drops further.

Hell, all three of Boise State's backs are better. Bosie St. 3rd stringer only has 112 snaps but has a higher grade (overall and as a pure runner) than Mahdi. Yet, he is not included in the list that pushes Mahdi down to 93 because he doesn't have enough snaps to be eligible. Now thank about the running back rooms of the better P5's. Do you really believe Mahdi cracks into them?

With that being said, no doubt it would be a terrible blow for us if he left. I really enjoy watching him. He is a wonderful jump cutter and exlpodes through a hole better than most. He improved his PFF grade by dang near 10 pts (both his overall grade and run only grade) from the previous year. If he improves his pass blocking and pass receiving grades he will move on up the rankings. Couple that with improving his run grade from 85 to the 90's he could become one of the best in the country.

atxman

Mahdi comes in at #85 of the Top 100. Gosh, amazing that he rated so highly since he clearly wasn’t one of the best in the nation.

RB, Texas State, Sophomore
Notable 2023 stats: 1,331 yards, 10 TD
Preseason ranking: NR

The 5-9 transfer from Houston Christian sparked Texas State's offense in coach G.J. Kinne's first season. Mahdi was a threat every time he touched the ball, not only averaging 6.0 yards per rush but also 25.6 yards on kickoff returns, with a 100-yard touchdown against Southern Miss. He earned first-team All-Sun Belt honors as an all-purpose star and made several All-America teams as well.

tx.state

Mahdi isn't the best RB in the country, but I wouldn't trade him for many others. I'll quote what I've said before about our offense:

The offense works really well because of spacing. Finley has such a big arm, we can line receivers way out wide and he has the arm strength to get it out there to them. This opens up huge running lanes...but as we've found out the last 2 weeks, it only really works well right now if we have a running back quick enough to take advantage of light box and the big the running lanes. ULM played quarters and 3 high safeties the whole game and challenged us to run the ball. We had some success running, but notice it took 12-15 play drives instead of the usual 7-8 play drives, because without Madhi we lack a big play threat at RB.
PFF might have him as the 93rd best running back but a lot of those other 92 guys wouldn't make our offense go like Madhi did.