Pretty sure Kaspar is done

B

Bakertxst04

Maybe Liberty University needs a new MBB coach?

But it all seriousness, this is damning news. I feel for the players who had to put up with this BS and for the school and students who supported the coach. I can't imagine any reason to make up these allegations, and if Trauth and co. can confirm what they are hearing on Twitter from Jaylen, Kaspar is gone and I can't think of any team that would hire him again.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Any names? Ones thrown out a few years back

Billy Gillespie (just a tad late on him, Tarleton added him beginning of April)
Terrance Rencher
Rob Flaska

Would love to hear some other names. Obviously nothing is official yet, but this doesnt look good.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Sucks partially because he was one of our better coaches.
If true tho.. and I'd be surprised if it isn't because Peacock backed it up... This sucks even worse for the players that had to put up with him. Winning isn't worth this. No one should have to deal with that.

Crap.. everything about this sucks but unless an avalanche of other players come out to defend Kaspar, he has to go. It's not ok to treat other people that way.

Billy Gillespie would be a decent replacement but the ink on his new contract isn't even dry yet. No telling what kind of buyout we are talking or if we can even fire Kaspar with cause without paying him.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Nothing sounds fireable to me. He definitely needs to cut the jokes and make amends where appropriate. Hate the self-righteousness of cancel culture . Also, athletes today are way more sensitive than my generation. Btw, an athlete can’t support a coach against these types of allegations without running the risk of not being “woke” enough to be a member of the team long-term.

PecosGuy

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
This wasn’t handled properly by any of these guys. In my opinion him peacock and Kaspar all did a disservice to Texas State Athletics and the University. No where did I read or see he was physically mistreated, it was just words. If I had a nickel for every time a friend, family member, or coach said mean things to me I would be living high on the hog. It’s scary that we live in a society where someone and their work can be ruined with a single social media post no questions asked. Right or wrong it’s not the work of good character on either side.

dshedd14

Front page on ESPN, which is not a good look at all and I won't be surprised if he's ousted. He needs to go if these are true.

Last edited:

slycat

Nothing sounds fireable to me. He definitely needs to cut the jokes and make amends where appropriate. Hate the self-righteousness of cancel culture . Also, athletes today are way more sensitive than my generation. Btw, an athlete can’t support a coach against these types of allegations without running the risk of not being “woke” enough to be a member of the team long-term.
Nah man. Just because something was always done that way doesn't make it right. There is no reason for a coach to behave this way. My coach in high school was a hard ass but he was bringing racial stereotypes into it. This old school attitude is just that, old school. If you can't motivate players without being a dick then maybe you shouldn't be a coach.